Director, Quantitative Risk Management (Enterprise Operational Risk Ma
Posted on: March 14, 2020
Purpose of Job We are seeking a talented Director, Quantitative
Risk Management (Enterprise Operational Risk Management) for our
San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Tampa, FL or Phoenix, AZ facility.This
position will lead the Enterprise Operational Risk Management
(EORM) team responsible for operational loss data, scenario
analysis, EORM risk appetite and KRIs. Accountable for the
development and mentoring of a high performing team that conducts
and develops quantitative and analytic models, assessments and/or
applications in support of risk management efforts that assess the
risks of new and existing financial products. Influences processes
at both the business unit and enterprise level and leads and sets
the agenda for risk management deliverables. Responsible for
influencing complex decisions at both the enterprise and business
unit level utilizing advanced analytical results that assess future
risks, opportunities, and effectiveness. Leads or provides
direction to cross-functional teams to achieve enterprise
objectives. Job Requirements ABOUT USAAUSAA knows what it means to
serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S.
military members and their families. This singular mission requires
a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.In each of the
past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to
Work For--, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military
Friendly-- Employers for 13 years straight. We embrace a robust
veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to
apply.ABOUT USAA RISK Management USAA is a growing financial
services company and the Risk Management function at USAA is an
important part of this growth. It is an exciting time at USAA and
in our Risk Management organization. We are a diversified team of
Risk professionals, working across all lines of business across
USAA operations (banking, insurance, investments) seeing the
incredible growth first-hand. Working at USAA in Risk Management
affords you the ability to be a part of USAA's noble mission on a
daily basis. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us
every day.See what it's like to work for a company where your
passion meets our purpose: USAA Careers PRIMARY
- Leads teams that utilize advanced analytics to assess future
risk, opportunities, and effectiveness.
- Translates results into meaningful solutions to enhance
- Presents results to various levels of leadership and influences
key decisions that have business unit or enterprise impact.
- Utilizes industry best practices to quantify risk and aggregate
- Oversees the development of complex systems and programs that
measure aggregate risk exposures.
- May oversee model validation and model governance efforts.
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical
approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations to answer
business objectives and drive change.
- Oversees the production of advanced analytical material for
discussions with cross functional teams to understand complex
business objectives and influences solution strategies.
- Effectively communicates analytical results, findings and
solutions to governance committees, senior leaders, regulatory
bodies and the USAA Board of Directors.
- Interacts with internal and external stakeholders during
audits, regulatory reviews and/or rating agency requests.
- Educates risk owners on risk management best practices and may
work with other risk functions in the development and
implementation of risk controls. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics,
Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or a related field OR 4 additional
years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be
substituted in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of 8 years related quantitative analysis experience
in a discipline relevant to risk management to include statistical
analysis, modeling, mathematics or other quantitative discipline;OR
advanced degree/designation in Economics, Finance, Statistics,
Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline
and 6 years of work experience in a quantitative discipline
relevant to risk management.OR PhD in Economics, Finance,
Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative discipline and 4
years of work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to
- A minimum of 3 years of direct team lead or management
experience.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5
minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your
- Prior experience leading a function responsible for operational
loss data capture, analysis and reporting.
- Advanced knowledge of operational risk capital modeling and
stress testing projections.
- Advanced knowledge and experience leading operational risk
- Prior experience quantifying operational risk and monitoring
relative to established operational risk appetite.
- Prior experience managing and governing an operational risk Key
Risk Indicator (KRI) program.
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret data with advanced
- Strong analytics/reporting background.
- Prior experience leading cross-functional teams/initiatives.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of
the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible
business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation
assistance is available for this position.For Internal
Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current position (from date
of hire or date of placement) or must have manager's approval prior
to posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening
is 1/26/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Goodyear , Director, Quantitative Risk Management (Enterprise Operational Risk Ma, Accounting, Auditing , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!