Lead IT Risk Analyst
Posted on: August 13, 2019
Purpose of Job Provides risk management support for a line of
business or staff agency in key risk identification, measurement
and aggregation, and the understanding and management of risk
through appropriate practices and processes. Assesses and mitigates
enterprise and business exposures through the identification of key
and emerging risks and evaluates alignment with risk strategy and
appetite. Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure that
exposures are kept at acceptable levels and may consult on risk
mitigation plans. Leads and executes complex initiatives and cross
functional teams within the Chief Risk Office and across the
Enterprise that drive problem resolution. Leverages broad
enterprise knowledge and/or expert knowledge of core business
discipline(s), products and processes. Job Requirements *
Identifies and seeks key stakeholders across the enterprise to
support the identification, assessment, aggregation and the overall
management of risks and controls.
* Presents findings and recommendations to various levels of
* Routinely communicates results of risk assessments to governance
committees, business process owners and various levels of
leadership and influences decision making.
* Develops process and procedures for successful implementation of
new risk policies, practices, appetites and solutions to ensure
holistic understanding and management of risks according to
industry best practice.
* Develops strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure,
monitor, and report risks.
* Applies expert knowledge to utilize or produce analytical
material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand
business objectives and influence solution strategies.
* Leads, assembles and facilitates cross-functional teams to
identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk
* Serves as the point of contact for senior risk leadership on
projects and special management requests that often impact the
enterprise or core operating area.
* Formulates and reviews stress test plans for a line of business
or the enterprise.
* Evaluates results, and frames contingency plans in partnership
with key business stakeholders.
* Crafts key communications to be delivered to executives and board
members. Minimum Requirements * Bachelor's degree in Risk
Management, Business, Finance, or a related field required. 4
additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required
may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
* 8 or more years of risk management or 8 years operations
experience in a relevant functional area to include banking,
insurance, financial services, audit, project management, public
accounting or other related operational area Or advanced degree or
designation in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk
management and 6 or more years relevant risk management work
experience. Or PhD in a quantitative discipline and up to 4 years
relevant risk management work experience.
* Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be
* Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer
some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at
a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
Preferred * 8+ years' experience in IT risk management within a
large financial institution focused on assessing information
systems and technology risks and controls, with a demonstrated
background in applying risk & control, security and technology
* Possess related industry certifications, such as CISA, CISSP,
ITIL, CIA, CRISC, CGEIT or CRMA
* Experience working with Risk, Security or Audit frameworks
(FFIEC, COBIT, COSO, ISO 27001/2, NIST 800-53, SSAE16)
* Experience in the following:
* Evaluating IT Architecture design for infrastructure,
virtualization, cloud technology and business technology
architecture for financial institutions
* Assessing software development life cycle processes
* Agile execution utilizing scrum partners
* Evaluating middleware technologies (e.g., Websphere) and
infrastructure platforms (e.g., delivery infrastructure,
application programming interface (API)), native mobile and cloud
platforms (e.g, Salesforce)
* Monitoring and deploying software solutions for large financial
and insurance institutions The above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the job. At USAA
our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the
business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals. Relocation assistance is available for
this position. For Internal Candidates: Must complete 12 months in
current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must
have manager's approval prior to posting. Last day for internal
candidates to apply to the opening is 07/7/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Goodyear , Lead IT Risk Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!