Financial Crimes Governance Advisor Senior
Posted on: September 4, 2019
Purpose of JobProvides operational units with subject matter
expertise to ensure compliance with federal law, consumer
protection regulations, and effective fraud risk mitigation.
Governance team operations contribute to USAA's Strategic
Objectives, the CAO, ESG, and EFM operational objectives, as well
as the business' Blue Chips. Specifically, the governance team
directly contributes to the accomplishment of USAA's strategic
We are currently seeking a talented Senior Financial Crimes
Governance Advisor for our San Antonio Home Office, San Antonio One
Riverwalk and Phoenix facilities.Job Requirements
- Serves as the subject matter expert to ensure documents,
projects, processes or product initiatives comply with regulatory
and legal requirements and enterprise policy.
- Synthesizes analyses, identifies root cause(s), and provides
recommendations that influence business solutions.
- Provides compliance input on business action plans, projects or
- Responsible for project management by leading and influencing
cross-functional enterprise or compliance teams.
- Ensures proper implementation of business requirements and
identifies outstanding compliance issues.
- Identifies potential compliance risks and coordinates with
appropriate Compliance staff.
- Reviews implementation planning for new laws and regulations
and ensures appropriate parties have been engaged.
- Leads efforts to improve standardization and efficiency of
responses to regulators.
- Remains abreast of industry trends and best practices.
- Serves as a mentor to peers and team members for assigned area
- Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues of an
- Mentors and enhances governance staff knowledge
- Bachelor's degree required.4 additional years of related
experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu
of a degree.
- 6 or more years of relevant work experience
required*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. - This will take approximately 5
minutes. - Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your
- 2 years proven experience evaluating Federal regulatory
requirements and developing guidance and standards.
- 2 years proven experience with execution of AML, Fraud risk
management or Compliance risk assessments
- 1 year Fraud or AML experience with development of policy,
- Experience with control development, controls evaluations
and/or Risk Control Self Assessments (RCSA)
- Risk management or compliance certification (to include CAMS,
CRCM, CRM, or ARM)The above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA our
employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business,
including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment,
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness
and wealth building programs. - Additionally, our career path
planning and continuing education will assist you with your
professional goals.Relocation assistance is not available for this
position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current
position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have
manager's approval prior to posting.Last day for internal
candidates to apply to the opening is 08/12/19 by 11:59 pm CST
Keywords: USAA, Goodyear , Financial Crimes Governance Advisor Senior, Accounting, Auditing , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!