Senior Project Engineer
Company: Helix Electric
Posted on: July 29, 2022
Our electrical Senior Project Engineer assists their Project
Manager on projects and is the liaison between the field and the
office. They are responsible for defining the project's objectives
by planning, executing and finalizing projects according to the
schedule while keeping within the budget.Description Of Duties &
- Close support of senior project management team.
- Develop project teams while delivering quality output, meeting
customer expectations, managing to scope, delivering on time, and
delivering within budget.
- Develop and support project management techniques and schedule
goals, procurement and contractual requirements, personnel
assignments, and capacity planning.
- Evaluate and continually improve the systems and processes used
by the department to effectively meet customer requirements and
profitability goals with an emphasis on strong internal unit
- Manage, mentor, and develop colleagues.
- Ensure schedule requirements are met. Readily adjust priorities
and milestones based upon changing customer needs, resource
availability, and job requirements.
- Interact with the customer to validate expectations are
understood and met before, during, and after project
- Provide close support and oversight for third-party
construction firms and subcontractors.
- Manage project review process with particular emphasis on
- Ensure high-quality engineering, studies, and Helix project
- Proactively and systematically communicate challenges, risks,
- Oversee monthly invoicing process per project terms and
negotiate appropriate change orders.
- Coordination with Site Superintendent(s) to understand and
assess installation methods, labor needs, and manpower
- Close support and oversight on adherence to the Quality Control
- Close support to ensure that all downstream team members are
meeting deadlines on assigned tasks. Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of project engineer experienced in electrical
- Understand engineering in electric power.
- Field experience coordinating with construction
- Extensive knowledge of project scheduling, bids, take-offs,
change orders and contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships and assist in
- Demonstrated ability to closely support the running of a
- Exceptional initiative, execution, and communication skills,
both oral and written.
- Exceptional analytical, motivational, and leadership
- BSEE or Construction Management degree strongly preferred.
- Journeyman or Master Electrician's license a plus
Keywords: Helix Electric, Goodyear , Senior Project Engineer, Engineering , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!