Business Risk and Controls Advisor Senior- Third Party Risk Management
Posted on: February 5, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Business Risk and
Controls Advisor Senior- Third Party Risk Management for one of the
following locations: San Antonio Home Office I, Tampa Campus,
Phoenix Campus, Colorado Springs Campus or Remote.
This position is for a Business Risk and Controls Advisor within
the P&C BCM team supporting CoSA Third Party Governance (CTPG).
Key responsibilities of this role include assessing the
effectiveness of P&C's Third Party Risk Management (TPRM)
Program, overseeing risks associated with Third Parties within the
CoSA, and escalating matters and issues to Enterprise TPRM and
Enterprise-level governing bodies.
Positioned in the first line of defense to ensure the overall
effectiveness of risk and compliance management programs, risk
analytics and operations in the business. This role will partner
and collaborate with Compliance and Risk Management, as well as
Business Operations, IT, Audit Services, and Regulators to support
risk and compliance based initiatives. Responsible for ensuring
adherence to the governance of the established risk framework and
ongoing supervision of business controls including risk and control
self-assessments, identification and evaluation of control
effectiveness, identifying control failures, facilitating risk and
compliance remediation, market conduct exams, and monitoring the
first line of defense in an effort to minimize risk exposures and
strengthen the overall control environment. Leverages risk
assessment data, and identifies key data-driven insights tied to
first line of defense.Job Requirements
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role. -
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled. -
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Manages and drives solutions for stronger controls, and in
support of risk and/or regulatory compliance related initiatives
which may include: oversight of procedures/process, accurate
regulatory reporting and filing, document governance, risk control
self-assessments, procedure governance, control design, new product
controls, CoSA Third Party Governance, or quality governance.
- Performs ongoing supervision and oversight of business controls
and shares knowledge with team members to evaluate the
effectiveness of established business controls.
- Responsible for risk data analysis, report preparation and
trend analysis, utilizing business intelligence tools.
- Anticipates business needs and proactively identifies
opportunities to improve and strengthen the control environment
through actionable insights.
- Assists with translating control deficiencies into action plans
and provides recommendations to enhance governance practices in
alignment with risk and compliance frameworks.
- Partners with stakeholders to drive improvement efforts to
correct or prevent unfavorable trends and assess the impacts.
- Leads project team through concept, planning, execution, and
implementation phases for effective and timely risk
- Advises senior management on the status of their control
environment related to risk identification and control weaknesses.
Identifies critical areas to monitor and escalates issues and
findings to appropriate stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains processes, procedures and tools for
managing exception alerts as they occur, including monitoring of
resulting exception cases. -
- Provides control oversight to ensure compliance with laws and
- Serves as a primary resource to team members.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years of experience supporting risk and/or compliance related
activities in a financial services operating environment or other
relevant industry or 6 years of experience in a relevant
quantitative discipline or advanced degree or designation in a risk
management or quantitative discipline, and 4 years of experience
supporting risk and/or compliance related activities or PhD in a
risk management or quantitative discipline, and 2 years of
experience supporting risk and/or compliance related
activities.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. - This will take approximately 5
minutes. - Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your
- Experience with successful demonstration and translation of
business strategy into governance execution and ongoing
- Experience with third party risk management or supplier
- Experience leading small and large groups to a defined action
including groups of executive leadership
- Proficiency in creating reporting and analysis to drive
- Experience working with internal controls, risk management
and/or audit techniques
- Knowledge of banking or insurance laws and regulations
- Experience working in AGILEThe above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA
our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the
business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. - Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.Relocation assistance is not available for
this position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in
current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must
have manager's approval prior to posting.Last day for internal
candidates to apply to the opening is 2/03/20 by 11:59 pm CST
Keywords: USAA, Goodyear , Business Risk and Controls Advisor Senior- Third Party Risk Management, Executive , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!