Director, Marketing, Strategy, and Legal Risk Management
Posted on: February 5, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Director, Marketing,
Strategy & Legal Risk Management for our Plano, TX, Tampa, FL, San
Antonio, TX or Remote facility.
Accountable for the development and mentoring of a high performing
team in support of the enhancement and growth of the USAA risk
management program. Influences processes at both the business unit
and enterprise level and leads and sets the agenda for risk
management deliverables. Responsible for partnering with the
enterprise and business units to assess, quantify, aggregate, and
mitigate exposures through the identification of key and emerging
risks and evaluates alignment with risk strategy and appetite.
Accountable for monitoring the risk and control environment and
consults on risk mitigation plans to ensure that exposures are kept
at acceptable levels. Leads cross-functional teams to achieve
objectives across multiple business units or Centers of Excellence.
Participates in and supports internal and external audits,
regulatory reviews, and rating agency requests.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100
Best Companies to Work For -, and we've ranked among Victory
Media's Top 10 Military Friendly - Employers for 13 years straight.
We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and
veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA RISK Management
USAA is a growing financial services company and the Risk
Management function at USAA is an important part of this growth. It
is an exciting time at USAA and in our Risk Management
organization. We are a diversified team of Risk professionals,
working across all lines of business across USAA operations
(banking, insurance, investments) seeing the incredible growth
first-hand. Working at USAA in Risk Management affords you the
ability to be a part of USAA's noble mission on a daily basis. We
stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic PreviewJob
- Directs staff and initiatives that support risk management
programs, to include governance support, risk oversight, risk
infrastructure development, identification, quantification, and
aggregation of key and emerging risks and/or operational risks and
- Advises senior management and influences process change.
- Builds and manages a high performing team of risk professionals
through recruitment, training, coaching, performance management and
related managerial activities.
- Manages consulting relationships with internal and external
clients regarding budget and implementation deliverables and risk
mitigation plans as appropriate.
- Partners with key stakeholders in the business and oversees the
identification, assessment and documentation of risks and controls,
including risks associated with new or modified products, services,
distribution channels, regulations and/or third-party
- Directs the formulation of stress test plans for a line of
business or the enterprise, evaluates results, and frames
contingency plans in partnership with key business
- Directs the oversight of model risk through model documentation
review, assessment of performance monitoring, model validation, and
- Works with senior leadership to refine risk profiles, risk
appetite, and key risk metrics.
- Directs teams in the development of risk dashboards and
reporting formats in alignment with risk appetite/profile and leads
teams in the identification, quantification and aggregation of
risks using analytical methodologies.
- Reviews, communicates and recommends the development of risk
policies and procedures in partnership with senior leaders to
ensure appropriateness and adequacy versus industry best practices
and regulatory requirements.
- Provides counsel to business unit managers on risk management
issues and supports the evaluation of new product strategies on
their impact to USAA's risk profile.
- Accountable for the development, implementation and oversight
of risk management frameworks.
- Formulates risk management policies, procedures and standards
in conjunction with senior management and risk management
- Educates risk owners on risk management best practices and may
work with other risk functions in the development and
implementation of risk controls.
- Manages processes for collecting accurate and complete internal
loss data from business areas.
- May direct analysis and data mining initiatives that identify,
validate, and manage emerging risk exposures.
- Assists in the early identification of risk trends by
establishing and monitoring key performance and risk
- Oversees the preparation of key reports and communications and
may present to governance committees, senior leaders, regulatory
bodies and the USAA Board of Directors.
- Performs all other tasks as needed.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a
related field required OR 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- A minimum of 8 or more years risk management experience or 8
years operations experience in a relevant functional area to
include banking, insurance, financial services, audit, public
accounting or related area;OR advanced degree/designation in a
quantitative discipline relevant to risk management and up to 6
years relevant risk management work experience; OR a PhD in a
quantitative discipline and -4 or more years relevant risk
management work experience.
- 3 or more years direct team lead or management
experience.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. - This will take approximately 5
minutes. - Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your
- Extensive experience providing implementing risk oversight
programs for Marketing, Corporate Strategy, and Legal that includes
performing and/or establishing risk assessments, issue management,
RCSA's, control reviews, testing, KRI's, operational loss and risk
- Experience with providing oversight for a shared services
operating unit that provides services to the Enterprise.
- Knowledgeable of law/rule/regulatory requirements that may
impact Marketing, Corporate Strategy, and Legal functions.
- Regulatory risk management experience which includes
development and execution of action plans, remediation,
sustainability, and interactions with regulators.
- Proven ability to effectively assess process, risk and
controls, identify emerging risks and issues, analyze large bodies
of risk data, and communicate results in a concise and
comprehensive manner to multiple stakeholders across the
- Proven ability to communicate effectively across the 1st and
2nd Lines of Defense and build collaborative relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with business partners
and teammates and influence changeThe above description reflects
the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits
packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or
casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision
plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. -
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation assistance
is not available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement) or must have manager's approval prior to posting.Last
day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 10/17/19 by
11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Goodyear , Director, Marketing, Strategy, and Legal Risk Management, Executive , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!