Lead Compliance Risk Manager- Fair Lending
Posted on: August 13, 2019
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking talented Lead Compliance
Risk Manager -Fair Lending for our San Antonio, TX or Plano, TX or
Phoenix, AZ facility. Provides second-line independent oversight
and guidance regarding business products, services, and processes
through a compliance framework to ensure they are executed in
accordance with regulatory requirements. In partnership with the
business and key stakeholders, continuously drives a strong culture
of compliance and demonstrates integrity and professional judgment
in protecting the interests of USAA and its members. Job
Requirements ABOUT USAA USAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In each of the
past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to
Work For--, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military
Friendly-- Employers for 13 years straight. We embrace a robust
veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to
apply. See what it's like to work for a company where your passion
meets our purpose: USAA Careers ABOUT THE FAIRLENDING TEAM The Fair
and Responsible Banking team work with the various business lines
to help ensure practices and policies are appropriately designed to
achieve compliance with all applicable fair lending laws and
regulations. The fair lending team also collaborates with legal,
risk, and audit functions, providing fair lending expertise related
to regulatory compliance matters. * Anticipates and identifies
future needs, opportunities and potential compliance solutions, and
leads cross-functional teams through the problem resolution
* Assesses results of data analyses, provides credible challenge
and recommends innovative compliance solutions.
* Develops, designs and delivers compliance strategies to influence
business leadership on effective solutions and may represent
leadership on complex issues.
* Maintains and expands expert knowledge of the
competitive/regulatory landscape and the company's key
* May coordinate and respond to regulatory requirements and
requests and ensures the execution of examinations.
* Executes compliance risk management activities in accordance with
enterprise compliance standards.
* Serves as the technical expert regarding compliance laws and
regulations and provides direction to others on complex issues.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS * 8 or more years of risk, compliance, or
audit experience required
* Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated
* Expert knowledge of relevant industry regulations and regulatory
compliance in a specific area.
* Advanced knowledge of compliance laws, regulations and regulatory
* Demonstrated ability to apply advanced knowledge of regulatory
compliance to consult and provide insight and guidance.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word,
Excel and PowerPoint.
* Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer
some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at
a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS * Strong project management and
organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple on-going
* Exceptional follow-through discipline, with the ability to manage
large volume of information on schedule.
* Advanced knowledge of fair lending compliance laws, regulations
and regulatory expectations.
* Excellent skills in analyzing technical data, identifying trends
and issues, and formulating effective solutions.
* Experience with the execution and/or development of a Fair
Lending Compliance program within the 2nd line of Defense.
* Knowledge of how consumer financial products, such as mortgage
and credit card are underwritten and priced.
* Experience with disparate impact, disparate treatment and
* Experience in leading independent compliance analysis to monitor
fair lending risks associated with various aspects of the credit
product life cycle from acquisition to servicing.
* Capable in assisting in the execution of core components of the
Compliance Risk Management program for Fair Lending including,
Compliance Risk Assessment, Issue Management, Review of Complaints,
and development of Training.
* Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or Commissioned
Regulatory Examiner. The above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the job. At USAA our
employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business,
including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment,
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness
and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path
planning and continuing education will assist you with your
professional goals. Relocation assistance is available for this
position. For Internal Candidates: Must complete 12 months in
current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must
have manager's approval prior to posting. Last day for internal
candidates to apply to the opening is 07/29/19 by 11:59 pm CST
Keywords: USAA, Goodyear , Lead Compliance Risk Manager- Fair Lending, Executive , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!