Senior Audit Manager - Bank/Credit Risk
Posted on: August 14, 2019
Purpose of Job We are seeking a Senior Audit Manager - Bank/Risk
Credit in our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, or remote
facilities. Plans, directs and independently completes highly
complex and often cross-functional risk-based assurance and
advisory engagements and/or audit quality assessments with a focus
on credit risk activities. Manages strategic initiatives and
assists with the development and implementation of a risk-based
audit plan. Serves as a business and/or information technology SME,
analyzes issues and makes decisions, establishes collaborative
client relationships; and proactively works with client management
to improve internal controls. Adheres to the Institute of Internal
Auditors' Standards and Code of Ethics Job Requirements Tasks * As
a credit risk subject matter expert, provides recommendations to
leadership and guidance to staff members. Promotes the development
of effective team relationships and functions in various capacities
to ensure the success of team efforts.
* Approves the scope of the audit.
* Updates and ensures the universe risk assessment is current with
applicable research and industry feedback.
* Independently prepares, reviews, and leads special reviews,
investigations, monitoring activities, and work for external
auditors and/or regulators focused primarily on credit risk.
* Ensures assigned engagements are completed objectively,
professionally, and in accordance with corporate and industry audit
* Executes and leads audit fieldwork on assigned internal audit
engagements with limited to no supervision in support of execution
of the annual audit plan.
* Manages engagement-related efforts and assignments of staff with
varying degrees of expertise and experience when conducting
engagements, specialized audits or highly complex business audits
recognizing the cross-matricing and cross-functionality within the
specialized functions/business areas.
* Coaches and mentors others on the use of various business
systems, applications, and audit tools.
* Proactively identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for
improvement in the current operating environment and provides
recommendations for corrective action.
* Drafts the related audit issues and audit reports for issuance to
respective client leadership and conducts follow-up activities as
defined in the observations.
* Provides input into the creation of the internal audit universe
and annual plan.
* Participates in the development of the strategic annual plan
ensuring risks are appropriately identified and rated and assists
with the implementation of the annual plan.
* Builds and enhances client relationship across the organization
helping to drive strategic objectives with the business.
* Communicates with the business/clients to include delivering
* May be asked to communicate with regulators and executive
* Influences business and clients across the enterprise in regards
to effective internal controls and mitigating risks across the full
taxonomy. Minimum Requirements * Bachelor's degree in Accounting,
Finance, Information Technology or other relevant field OR Four
additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may
be substituted in lieu of a degree.
* 8 or more years of internal audit and/or credit risk management
experience at a top 25 financial institution, with a focus on
data/analytics-driven retail credit lending and portfolio
management (consumer/auto, credit card, mortgage/real estate)
* Strong business acumen in the areas of credit risk management,
industry practices and emerging trends required.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability
to communicate analytical information to a non-technical
* Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills with the
ability to effectively multi-task and manage competing priorities
and direct workflow Preferred: * Subject matter expert in consumer
lending originations and servicing processes, credit card,
auto-lending, debt collection, etc
* Advanced experience evaluating 2nd line credit risk management
functions (i.e. Credit Review, credit risk appetite, credit
* Advanced knowledge of credit laws / regulations (i.e. Truth in
Lending, Fair Credit Reporting, Fair Debt Collection Practices,
Credit CARD, etc)
* CIA, CPA, CRCM and credit risk management credentials from an
accredited industry provider (i.e., RMA, ABA) Relocation assistance
is available for this position. For Internal Candidates: Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is
07/07/2019 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Goodyear , Senior Audit Manager - Bank/Credit Risk, Executive , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!