Director, Business Strategy Analytics
Posted on: November 7, 2019
Purpose of JobLeads a team of Business Strategy Analysts who use
quantitative and qualitative analytics to provide thought
leadership on evolving industry trends, market developments, USAA's
strategic direction, regulatory environment, and macroeconomic
trends for the business unit. Provides insights and
information-based context for key stakeholders in the business unit
to effectively manage, influence, and impact line of business
We are currently seeking a talented Director, Business Strategy
Analytics for one of the following locations: Tampa Crosstown, San
Antonio Home Office I, Phoenix Campus or Colorado Springs
Campus.Job RequirementsJob Tasks:
- Responsible for employee selection, development, performance
evaluation, coaching, corrective action, and all other
manager-related administrative functions. - Directs work
assignments and provides guidance and training while adhering to
regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Develops, implements, and oversees analytic direction for the
business unit to enable proactive and sustained information-based
learning on industry trends, market developments, USAA's strategic
direction, regulatory environment, and macroeconomic trends.
- Leads discussions to provide input into strategy development
with General Managers, Product Owners, Experience Owners and other
key partners based on learning from analyses and strategy
- Oversees efforts to identify key business assumptions and
hypotheses around line of business strategy, and the development of
the analytical framework and blue print to answer business
questions identified in the business portfolio,
- product or member experience.
- Oversees and partners with key teams to evaluate and uncover
strategic insights related to Profit & Loss performance including
Product Strategy, Pricing, Marketing, Sales, Credit Risk,
Distribution Channels and Member Experience.
- Uses expert analytical rigor and best practices to define
outcome measures, improve prioritization, increase agility in
decisioning, improve ability to evaluate progress towards business
outcomes and to evaluate risks to strategic goals.
- Impeccably communicates the significance of the strategic
insights to senior leaders and key stakeholders. Effectively
influences and drives strategic agreement through intellect,
interpersonal, and negotiation skills.Minimum Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Science, Finance, Economics or
related discipline OR 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 8 or more years of experience in data/analytics, strategy
consulting, or related business experience, OR Master's Degree and
6 or more years of experience in data/analytics, strategy
consulting, or related business experience.
- 3 or more years of direct team lead or management
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Demonstrated experience with hypotheses-driven problem
- Experience bringing analytics to action using visualization
tools (e.g. Tableau).
- Demonstrated experience influencing business decisions.
- Demonstrated experience leading complex data analysis.
- Demonstrated experience working with leadership teams to
identify key opportunities to develop and enhance business strategy
using quantitative and qualitative analytics.*Qualifications may
warrant placement in a different job level*When you apply for this
position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. -
This will take approximately 5 minutes. - Once you begin the
questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and
you will not able to change your responses.Preferred:
- 5 or more years of leadership experience in a retail bank.The
above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of
the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible
business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building
programs. - Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation
assistance is available for this position.For Internal
Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current position (from date
of hire or date of placement) or must have manager's approval prior
to posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening
is 11/10/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Goodyear , Director, Business Strategy Analytics, Executive , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!