Director Business Risk and Controls- Financial Controls
Posted on: November 17, 2019
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Director,
Business Risk and Controls for one of the following locations: San
Antonio Home Office II/III, Remote, Phoenix Campus, Tampa Campus or
Colorado Springs Campus.
Primary responsibilities will be to develop and manage the Real
Estate 1st line financial controls oversight program. Functions
included in the oversight program will include, but not be limited
to ICFR, reconciliations and loss reporting. Leader will also be
responsible to develop and manage oversight for Secondary Marketing
and Capital Market functions within Real Estate.
Oversees a team responsible for the development, implementation and
oversight of risk and compliance management programs in the first
line of defense. Ensures the overall effectiveness and adherence to
the governance of the established risk framework and ongoing
supervision of business controls and is accountable for the
development and mentoring of a high performing team responsible for
risk and control self-assessments, identifying control failures,
facilitating risk and compliance remediation, market conduct exams,
and monitoring the first line of defense in an effort to minimize
risk exposures and strengthen the overall control environment.Job
- Directs staff and initiatives that support risk and control
management programs, to include governance support, risk oversight,
risk infrastructure development, identification, quantification,
and aggregation of key and emerging risks and/or operational risks
- Advises senior management and influences process change.
- Builds and manages a high performing team of risk professionals
through recruitment, training, coaching, performance management and
related managerial activities.
- Manages consulting relationships with internal and external
clients in regard to budget and implementation deliverables and
risk mitigation plans as appropriate.
- Partners with key stakeholders in the business and oversees the
identification, assessment and documentation of risks and controls,
including risks associated with new or modified products, services,
distribution channels, regulations and/or third party
- Directs the formulation of stress test plans for a line of
business or the enterprise, evaluates results, and frames
contingency plans in partnership with key business
- Directs the oversight of model risk through model documentation
review, assessment of performance monitoring, model validation, and
- Reviews, communicates and recommends the development of risk
policies and procedures in partnership with senior leaders to
ensure appropriateness and adequacy versus industry best practices
and regulatory requirements.
- Provides counsel to business unit managers on risk management
issues and supports the evaluation of new product strategies on
their impact to USAA's risk profile.
- Develops, implements and oversees the risk management
- Formulates risk management policies, procedures and standards
in conjunction with senior management and risk management
- Educates risk owners on risk management best practices and may
work with other risk functions in the development and
implementation of risk controls.
- Manages processes for collecting accurate and complete internal
loss data from business areas.
- Directs analysis and data mining initiatives that identify,
validate, and manage emerging risk exposures, as necessary.
- Assists in the early identification of risk trends by
establishing and monitoring key performance and risk
- Oversees the preparation of key reports and communications and
may present to governance committees, senior leaders, regulatory
bodies and the USAA Board of Directors.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance or
related field of study or 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 8 or more years of relevant operations experience in a relevant
functional area to include financial services, insurance, banking,
audit, public accounting, information technology, or related
functional area OR 8 or more years of experience in a quantitative
discipline relevant to financial risk management.
- 3 or more years of leadership or managerial experience.
- Expert knowledge of relevant regulatory compliance, industry
regulations and regulatory data sources required.*Qualifications
may warrant placement in a different job level*When you apply for
this position, you will be required to answer some initial
questions. - This will take approximately 5 minutes. - Once you
begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later
time and you will not able to change your responses.Preferred
- 15 or more years of relevant experience in a senior level
position, with a large bank or financial services company
(consolidated assets of at least $50 Billion) or big four
accounting firm. - Of which 10 or more years' experience is related
to mortgage products, capital markets or secondary marketing in
either a 1st, 2nd or 3rd line capacity.
- Experience developing and managing a financial controls
oversight program. - Including experience with ICFR program
- Risk and control expertise (operational and compliance
controls, ICFR, ITGC's, application controls, risk assessments,
RCSA, etc.) in large bank/mortgage environment. -
- In depth knowledge of industry related standards (PCAOB, COSO,
AICPA) and experience implementing related requirements. -
- Ability to communicate requirements to staff and leaders in
simple and clear terms.
- Experience preparing and presenting data, findings and
recommendations to various levels of employees, senior leadership,
regulators and 3rd parties.
- Ability to address both tactile and strategic objectives
throughout planning, implementation and management of direct
employees or matrix management.The above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA
our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the
business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. - Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.Relocation assistance is available for this
position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current
position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have
manager's approval prior to posting.Last day for internal
candidates to apply to the opening is 11/20/19 by 11:59 pm CST
Keywords: USAA, Goodyear , Director Business Risk and Controls- Financial Controls, Executive , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!