Director, Program Manager - Auto Insurance Product Line
Posted on: November 23, 2019
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Director, Program
Manager - Auto Insurance Product Line for one of the following
locations: San Antonio Home Office I, Chesapeake, Colorado Springs
Campus, Phoenix Campus, Remote, Tampa Campus or Tampa
Manages program management personnel. Plans, organizes, directs,
leads and manages resources for efficient and effective program
management. Responsible for development and integration of multiple
business programs and associated projects to achieve strategic
business goals and operational objectives. Responsible for
departmental program oversight to include assigning individual
program manager responsibilities and identifying and resolving
appropriate business plan and integration issues. Responsible for
managing the program road map and priorities, budget and benefits.
Responsible for communicating with program executive, senior and
functional area management across USAA to plan and execute the
departmental program and ensure the effectiveness of the program
- Performs risk assessment, risk mitigation, escalation of
issues, oral/written communication and problem resolution across
departmental programs and USAA programs.
- Mentors Program Managers in developing business strategies,
identifying benefits and defining alternatives across departmental
programs and across USAA programs.
- Manages multi-million-dollar complex, strategic programs/
- Plans, organizes, directs, leads and manages resources for
efficient and effective program management.
- Manages organization wide efforts to include facilitation,
process, program and organizational improvements.
- Provides coaching and training of unit program managers.
- Manages a highly matrixed environment and builds and maintains
relationships with senior level executives. -
- Manages unit personnel and associated hiring, career planning,
counseling, performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, and
resolution of personnel issues.Minimum Education:
- Bachelor's Degree, OR, 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 8 or more years project and/or program management experience,
including experience defining a new program or relevant business
- 3 or more years of direct team lead or management
experience.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. - This will take approximately 5
minutes. - Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your
- History of overseeing and coordinating analytical tasks which
include the evaluation of the business problem, analytical
methodology, validation, documentation and presentation of findings
and recommendations to senior leadership.
- Understanding of the P&C business direction, environment
and strategies, to identify and recommend solutions which influence
the business and drive change.
- Experience working with the P&C State Management
- Experience collaborating with other analytical leaders in
executing the strategic direction of the business using
mathematical and statistical techniques and/or
innovative/quantitative analytical approaches.
- Deep understanding of the Enterprise planning process for
market, revenue and PTI.The above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA our
employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business,
including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment,
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness
and wealth building programs. - Additionally, our career path
planning and continuing education will assist you with your
professional goals.Relocation assistance is available for this
position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current
position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have
manager's approval prior to posting.Last day for internal
candidates to apply to the opening is 11/26/19 by 11:59 pm CST
Keywords: USAA, Goodyear , Director, Program Manager - Auto Insurance Product Line, Executive , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!