Infusion RN- PRN
Company: Cancer Treatment Centers of America
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Infusion RN- PRN
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America - (CTCA), part of City of Hope,
takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our
patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to
personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the
needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support
patients' quality of life by offering therapies designed to help
them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their
physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to
stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core
of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard -
of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients,
and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated.
This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to
Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a
stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
$5,000 Sign on Bonus
Infusion RN- PRN
Schedule: 2- 12 Hour shifts per week
Provides the Mother Standard of care to oncology patients across
the adult and geriatric spectrum. An Individualized plan of care is
developed and implemented; utilizing the nursing process, including
assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation.
Responsible for inspiring and guiding other qualified patient care
team members to ensure enhanced outcomes through effective
delegation in the exercise of his/her independent judgment. Nursing
care addresses physical, spiritual, emotional and educational needs
of the patient, and coordinates the plan of care with other
healthcare professionals, support persons and all members of the
* Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents the care of
medical/surgical, ambulatory care and same-day surgery patients.
Assists with special procedures. Directs the care delivered by
Patient Care Technicians and other members of the healthcare
* Adheres to the hospital and department infection control policies
including but not limited to hand hygiene, asepsis, isolation
practice, and employee health practice.
* Effectively communicates with peers to resolve conflict.
* Assists in the on-boarding of new stakeholders.
* Protects the patient's dignity, rights and privacy.
* Assesses the knowledge level of the patient or designated support
* Delegate tasks according to the Arizona Nurse Practice Act and
* Document nursing care, implants and specimens accurately,
completely and legibly.
* Collaborate with other disciplines as applicable.
* Maintain required competencies.
* Pursue professional growth and keep current with technology.
* Completes additional duties as assigned.
The Infusion nurse initiates, monitors, and completes
intravenous/intramuscular therapies, including chemotherapy,
immunotherapy, blood products, pre-meds and hydration.
* Ability to care for patients with IV lines, central lines and
* Administer and monitor blood products safely.
* Demonstrates competence in chemotherapy administration through
* Ability to assess and recognize normal/abnormal responses to
treatments and institute appropriate interventions.
* Demonstrates skills to assess and intervene in life-threatening
* Administer medications via all routes, using the 6 rights,
medication bar scanner and monitoring patient for side effects.
* Ability to collect blood specimens and blood cultures.
Experience: 1 year experience in area is required, 2 years of
experience in area is preferred
Education: Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) is required, Bachelor
of Science in Nursing (BSN) is preferred
Licensure: Registered Nurse, Arizona is required
Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification-an approved
American Heart Association (AHA) training site, American Safety &
Health Institute, or Red Cross BLS certification is required upon
* If their current certification does not meet the guidelines,
stakeholders will have (30) days from the date of hire to acquire
attend an onsite initial BLS course and will be required to renew
every two years.
Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) Chemotherapy Immunotherapy
Certificate card or commensurate training/certification upon hire.
Must have ONS Chemotherapy Immunotherapy Certificate Card completed
within 30 days of hire.
Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN), National Certification in specialty
Oncology experience is strongly preferred
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true
difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a
challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you
may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings
his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive
training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If
you're ready to be part of something bigger and work with a
passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Keywords: Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Goodyear , Infusion RN- PRN, Healthcare , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!