Stem Cell RN, PRN
Company: Cancer Treatment Centers of America
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Stem Cell RN, PRN
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America - (CTCA), part of City of Hope,
takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our
patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to
personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the
needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support
patients' quality of life by offering therapies designed to help
them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their
physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to
stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core
of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard -
of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients,
and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated.
This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to
Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a
stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
JOB SUMMARY-PER DIEM POSITION
Provides the Mother Standard of care to oncology patients across
the adult and geriatric spectrum. The RN, Cellular Therapy will
demonstrate competencies across the continuum of malignant
hematology and autologous stem cell transplantation. An
Individualized plan of care is developed and implemented, utilizing
the nursing process, including assessment, diagnosis, planning,
implementation, and evaluation. Responsible for inspiring and
guiding other qualified patient care team members to ensure
enhanced outcomes through effective delegation in the exercise of
his/her independent judgment. Nursing care addresses physical,
spiritual, emotional, and educational needs of the patient, and
coordinates the plan of care with other healthcare professionals,
support persons and all members of the healthcare team.
* Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and documents the care of
medical/surgical, ambulatory care and same-day surgery patients.
Assists with special procedures. Directs the care delivered by
Patient Care Technicians and other members of the healthcare
* Adheres to the hospital and department infection control policies
including but not limited to hand hygiene, asepsis, isolation
practice, and employee health practice.
* Effectively communicates with peers to resolve conflict.
* Assists in the on-boarding of new stakeholders.
* Protects the patient's dignity, rights and privacy.
* Assesses the knowledge level of the patient or designated support
* Delegate tasks according to the Arizona Nurse Practice Act and
* Document nursing care, implants and specimens accurately,
completely and legibly.
* Collaborate with other disciplines as applicable.
* Maintain required competencies.
* Pursue professional growth and keep current with technology.
* Completes additional duties as assigned.
RN, PER DIEM
Collaborates with physicians and other health care providers to
provide direct and indirect care to patients across the continuum
of malignant hematology and stem cell transplantation. Provides
critical staffing to multiple patient care areas including the
Cellular Therapy Inpatient Unit and Specialty Clinic
* Formally trained and experienced in the management of patients
receiving cellular therapy.
* Safely administers high dose chemotherapy, innovative cellular
therapies, immunotherapies, blood products, growth factors,
hydration, and associated medications.
* Administration of cellular therapy products, including HPC, IEC,
genetically modified cells, and other cellular therapies.
* Assists with special procedures including bone marrow biopsies,
donor apheresis stem cell mobilization and collection, and stem
* Ability to collect blood specimens and blood cultures. Assists
with coordination of specialty lab and diagnostic testing,
pharmacokinetics, disease staging, and research based clinical
* Care for immunocompromised patients with complex needs.
* Hematology/oncology patient care, including an overview of the
cellular therapy process.
* Monitoring and age-related care related to the administration of
cellular therapy products and signs of emergency and higher-level
* Perform basic research, clinical research, other non-cellular
therapy clinical care, or administrative work during the time they
are not actively attending to cellular therapy recipients.
* Demonstrates competence in chemotherapy administration through
* Administer medications via all routes, using the 6 rights,
medication bar scanner and monitoring patient for side effects.
* Care for, assess and monitor patients with Patient Controlled
Analgesia (PCA) and epidural catheters.
* Demonstrates ability to care for patients with central IV lines,
ports, chest tubes, pleural catheters, and tracheostomy tubes.
* Completion of Basic Electrocardiogram (ECG) course in online
learning management system.
* Ability to interpret and operate cardiac and other invasive and
noninvasive monitors, recognize normal/abnormal rhythms/trends, and
institute appropriate interventions.
* Demonstrates skills to assess and intervene in life-threatening
* Ability to care for patients who are aggressive, agitated, in
seclusion or restrained.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years stem cell transplant and
chemotherapy administration experience
Education: Associate Degree in Nursing or equivalent
Licensure: Arizona Registered Nurse License or a Registered Nurse
License form a Compact State
Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification- an approved
American Heart Association (AHA) training site, American Safety &
Health Institute, or Red Cross BLS certification is required upon
* If their current certification does not meet the guidelines,
stakeholders will have (30) days from the date of hire to acquire
attend an onsite initial BLS course and will be required to renew
every two years.
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Certification
* Stakeholders will have thirty (30) days from the date of hire to
acquire American Heart Association (AHA) ACLS certification and
will need to be renewed every two years. Will not be allowed to
provide ACLS for patients independently until AHA ACLS cards are
Telemetry experience or completion of competency within 6 months of
Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) Fundamentals of Chemotherapy
Immunotherapy/Biotherapy Provider Certificate is required upon hire
or before completion of nursing orientation and renewal every two
Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) Fundamentals of Blood and Marrow
Transplant course within 30 days of hire.
Bone Marrow Transplant Certified Nurse (BMTCN) Certification
Experience: > 5 years stem cell transplant and chemotherapy
Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Certification: Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN)
Bone Marrow Transplant Certified Nurse (BMTCN)
Special skills: Malignant Hematology/Oncology
Stem Cell Transplant
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true
difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a
challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you
may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings
his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive
training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If
you're ready to be part of something bigger and work with a
passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Keywords: Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Goodyear , Stem Cell RN, PRN, Healthcare , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!