Primary Care Physician (Southwest CBOC))
Company: US Department of Veterans Affairs
Posted on: July 4, 2019
Education and length of practice will be considered through a
formal pay-setting process in determining the final compensable
salary (Base Pay + Market Pay).
The Phoenix VA Health Care System is currently recruiting for a
Primary Care Physician to support our outpatient veterans at the
Southwest Community Based Outpatient Center.
This position is located at the Goodyear, AZ CBOC
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department
of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or
institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can
verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If
you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements,
you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your
transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For
further information, visit:
incumbent will work in a team setting with other physicians, nurse
practitioners, registered nurses and support staff assigned to
perform duties to accomplish the treatment of our patients. The
incumbent will be responsible for, but not limited to, the
- Coordinate care for a panel of outpatients.
- Evaluate and treat acute and chronic health problems for
scheduled and unscheduled patients.
- Perform histories and physical examinations.
- Provide appropriate documentation to minimally include history,
physical exam, findings, diagnosis, definitive care plan and
disposition of patient.
- Ensure patients are appropriately closed-out including
disposition that clearly indicates the next steps of care.
- Ensure that each patient is provided a current list of
medications and an appointment list at close out.
- Prescribe medications as necessary.
- Order routine laboratory, radiological, and diagnostic tests
and provide initial interpretation of results.
- Initiate and expedite requests for consultation and special
- Screen patients to determine the need for
- Provide education to the patient and their families.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Financial Disclosure Report: Required
Work Schedule: This will be determined by the department
Financial Disclosure Report: Required
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements
by the closing date of this announcement, 07/19/2019.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed
when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance
with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting
from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The
degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by
the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course
of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or
surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United
States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of Primary Care residency training, or its
equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an
accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility
for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Preferred Experience: Board Certified/Board Eligible
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II,
Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in
the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: Selected applicant will be required to
successfully complete a pre-employment physical.
Keywords: US Department of Veterans Affairs, Goodyear , Primary Care Physician (Southwest CBOC)), Healthcare , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!