Human Resources Manager
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.We cultivate and embrace a
diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse
backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and
enrich our global culture.We are looking for an individual who
enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to
be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.The
Human Resources Manager is responsible for hands-on management of
Human Resources systems and processes in Campbell Snacks Goodyear,
AZ location, which employs approximately 250 hourly, salaried and
contract associates. In this generalist role, you will have
operational responsibility for recruitment and retention, employee
relations, training and talent development, organization
effectiveness, wage and salary administration, performance
management, employee safety and wellness, engagement planning,
oversite to company store and benefits administration. In addition
to managing compliance activities, the incumbent will act as a
strategic business partner in building a high performing culture,
as well as lean manufacturing and other continuous improvement
initiatives, that support both the plant's and Company's overall
goals and objectives.Essential responsibilities will include but
not be limited to:Daily HR Operations Manage the following HR
processes and Supply Chain initiatives:
- Provide ongoing recruiting support to the plant management
- Source a diverse slate of well-qualified candidates, schedule
and conduct interviews, and prepare offer letters in a timely
- Maintain a positive employee relations environment by
responding to all employee relations issues and guiding them to
successful resolution and leading training for front line
- Conduct thorough and prompt investigations, interpret, and
explain Company policy, coach employees as necessary, and ensure
that disciplinary action is administered fairly and
- Drive employee learning and development by facilitating
Campbell University workshops and other training programs.
- Identify plant and individual training needs and develop a
curriculum focusing on managerial/supervisory development,
diversity and inclusion, new hire selection process, objective
- Build internal talent by driving the creation, implementation,
and execution of high-quality development plans which are directly
linked to the annual Succession Planning process.
- Manage the compensation process for both hourly and salaried
employees. Conduct an annual survey of prevailing hourly wages in
the local area; prepare an Hourly Wage Recommendation.
- Partner with the management team to develop job descriptions
for open salaried positions; work with Corporate Compensation to
identify appropriate levels and salary ranges for these openings.
Provide focus and direction for performance management
- Drive the Hourly Performance Management Program.
- Lead salaried employees through objective setting, Individual
Development Planning, mid-year review, and year-end performance
- Partner with the management team to drive safety performance
and employee accountability for safety throughout the plant.
- Work with the Safety Manager to manage occupational
injury/illness claims and administer Workers' Compensation.
- Provide leadership for the implementation of unique,
site-specific wellness programs (in addition to corporate programs)
to encourage employee involvement.
- Drive high organizational engagement and empowerment by
implementing a survey tool to measure culture, manager quality,
high performance, and employee engagement.
- Help managers interpret survey results, facilitate engagement
planning sessions, and develop and execute robust action
- Oversee benefits and leave of absence administration.
- Communicate benefit changes, manage the Annual Enrollment
process, and assist employees in resolving benefit and leave
- Strategic Partner - Execute the following strategic
initiatives: Drive the Key Operator Certification Program. Provide
ongoing leadership for Goodyear's continuous improvement
initiatives and participate in and help drive the 5S Program,
kaizen events, standard work development, etc. Assist the Director,
HR - Supply Chain in building a high performing culture at Richmond
while simultaneously sustaining its unique culture, as well as
implementing other key strategic initiatives.
- Regulatory Compliance - Manage the following compliance
activities: Develop Goodyear's annual Affirmative Action Plan and
quarterly updates in compliance with Company and EEOC guidelines.
Partner with the Leadership Team to ensure full compliance with
OSHA standards. Drive compliance with FMLA and ADA regulations.Job
- Must interpret Company policy and resolve complex employee
relations issues in a fair and consistent manner. Must be available
to respond to these issues on a 24/7 basis.
- Must possess the interpersonal savvy necessary to interact
effectively with employees at all levels of the organization - from
hourly production workers to the Company President. Must tailor the
message and presentation style to fit the audience.
- Must partner effectively with the Corporate Legal Department to
investigate and resolve Integrity Hot Line complaints, complex
employee relations issues, ethics violations, charges filed by
regulatory agencies, etc.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and
prioritize based on business needs. Must align plant
projects/initiatives with Company goals, in order to drive
- Must serve as Company contact and liaison during compliance
reviews and audits by regulatory agencies, such as EEOC, State
Human Relations Commission, etc.
- Must partner with the plant leadership team to determine
appropriate crewing levels and source a diverse slate of qualified
candidates for both hourly and salaried positions.
- Must serve as a change agent and help employees adapt to
organizational change. Must actively support and help drive lean
transformation and high performing culture.
- Must drive the performance management process for hourly and
salaried employees, meeting all corporate timelines and other
- Must stay current with respect to both internal and external
factors impacting the plant's workforce, including new or revised
Company policies, developments in employment law, pending
legislation, etc., communicate these changes to the plant
leadership team, and make appropriate recommendations.We are
looking for the following abilities and skills:
- Minimum education required: B.A./B.S. degree in Human Resources
Management or a related field.
- Education desired: M.A./M.S. degree in Human Resources
- Years of relevant experience: 7 - 10 years of previous Human
Resources Generalist experience in a manufacturing environment
(Prior experience in food manufacturing or other consumer product
industry is preferred.)
- Strong Human Resources Generalist background with a
comprehensive working knowledge of employee relations, employment
law, and regulatory compliance.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including excellent verbal
and written communication abilities. Must demonstrate active
listening and strong facilitation and conflict resolution
- Demonstrated business savvy. Must possess strong organizational
and analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Lean principles and initiatives, including 5S
programs and standard work development.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word,
PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook. Prior Workday, Kronos, and SAP
experience is preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Proven track record of delivering excellent business results
under demanding timetables.Working Conditions:
- The working environment includes both office and plant floor
- Exposure to industrial noise, forklift traffic, moving
mechanical parts, and temperature extremes occurs in operating
areas of the plant.
- Travel of up to 5% is anticipated for this role.ACRThe Company
is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and
applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without
regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status,
disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by
law.In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Goodyear , Human Resources Manager, Human Resources , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!