Java Software Engineer - Web Services - Lead Level
Posted on: March 12, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking talented Java Software
Engineers - Lead Level for our Phoenix, Arizona facility.
USAA Java Software Engineers create and maintain APIs for our
business software applications that our members use. Done well,
many may never realize or appreciate how critical these APIs are or
how we've made them simpler. Faster. Safer. Yet they help make our
members' lives better. It's a great challenge and
Here, you will invent. You'll design and test. You'll take risks.
You'll create new technology, but the impact you'll make on our
members will be far more significant.
As a Java Engineer, you are expected to be able to function in a
fast-paced environment driving innovation through rapid prototyping
and iterative development ensuring quality is built into all
solutions leveraging TDD. Your responsibilities will require you to
be knowledgeable in API development. You will be a part of teams of
developers guiding on engineering and architecture best practices
as well as demonstrate the ability to partner and engage with other
engineers and architects. You will work closely with business
clients and UI designers to analyze user requirements, code
applications and customize and/or integrate commercial software
packages for both internal employees and external member-facing
applications across multiple platforms.
As a Java Engineer, it will be your responsibility to maintain code
integrity and quality as well as ensure application architecture is
designed for performance and resiliency.Job RequirementsABOUT
USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40
Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For -, and we've ranked among
Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly - Employers 13 years
straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage
veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA ITOur most important qualification isn't technical, it's
human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand
behind our 12 million members who rely on us every day. We are over
4,000 employees strong, -a passionately supportive and
collaborative team built on agile principles. We've been a top-two
Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and
were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT
by Workforce Diversity Magazine.This Job Posting is for multiple
openings available in 2020.See what it's like to work for a company
where your passion meets our purpose:Click here to watch the USAA
Java Software Engineer - Web Services Spotlight VideoUSAA
Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled. - -
-Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Design, develop, code, and test significant complex cross
functional technical solutions that impact multiple areas of
disciplines while communicating with internal team members across
multiple areas and client functions.
- Lead code/design reviews to ensure smooth daily operations and
accurate planning for multiple teams.
- Organize work and lead multiple teams to deliver features and
- Independently resolves complex production issues and leads
troubleshooting of end-to-end solutions that span multiple
applications and systems.
- Mentor and coach junior / experienced engineers.
- Work with architecture to help define directions for cross
functional or highly complex key technologies within a specific
- May begin advancing professional development through active
participation in industry organizations, writing programming
publications, pursuing educational opportunities, establishing
personal networks and participating in professional
- Bachelor's degree OR four additional years of related
experience in lieu of a degree.
- And 8+ years of software engineering/development experience
utilizing Java with at least 4 years experience working with Web
Services REST or SOAP.
- Experience leading development teamsPREFERRED
- 6+ years in REST frameworks with focus on API development
- 4+ years in AGILE methodology (Scrum, Lean, SAFe, etc.)
- 4+ years experience integrating with backend services like JMS,
J2C, ORM frameworks (Hibernate, JPA, JDO, etc), JDBC.
- Ability to design and implement container based APIs using
container frameworks like OpenShift, Docker, or Kubernetes.
- Relational Database design and optimization with Oracle DB2,
MySQL, or Postgres
- Understanding of microservices architecture design and
- Working experience with Gradle, GIT, GitHUB, GITLab, etc.
around continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Cloud infrastructure application development with vendors like
AWS, Google or Microsoft.
- Experience testing in REST servicesThe above description
reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits
packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or
casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision
plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation assistance
is available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Goodyear , Java Software Engineer - Web Services - Lead Level, IT / Software / Systems , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!