PeopleSoft Financial Developer - Senior Level
Posted on: August 23, 2019
Purpose of Job We are seeking a talented PeopleSoft Financials
Developer - Senior Level for our Plano, TX, San Antonio, TX, or
Phoenix, AZ facility. PeopleSoft - Financial Developers are engaged
in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include;
gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements,
responding to outages and creating application system models.
PeopleSoft - Financial Developers primary functions are to design,
develop, document, test and debug new and existing software systems
and/or applications for internal use, perform defect corrections
(analysis, design, code). In addition, PeopleSoft - Financial
Developers participate in design meetings and consult with business
clients to refine, test, and debug programs to meet business needs,
and interact and sometimes direct third-party partners in the
achievement of business and technology initiatives. This role is a
solid, career-level role where functional and technical proficiency
has been obtained, and incumbents display a depth of technical
understanding within their respective areas of specialization
allowing them to operate independently. Incumbents also display a
proficiency that allows them to begin to mentor others (third party
and internal resources) on procedural matters. Job Requirements
ABOUT USAA USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the
financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their
families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative
thinking at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been
a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For--, and we've ranked
among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly-- Employers 13 years
straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage
veterans and veteran spouses to apply. ABOUT USAA IT Our most
important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't
just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 12 million
members who rely on us every day. We are over 5,000 employees
strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on
agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best
Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a
Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity
Magazine. See what it's like to work for a company where your
passion meets our purpose: USAA Information Technology: A Realistic
Preview PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES * Utilizing technical expertise;
Creates system requirements, performs design and analysis, and
coding and unit testing of complex to highly complex system
functionality and/or defect correction across multiple
* Identifies ideas to improve system performance and impact
* Resolves complex technical design issues.
* Provides functional and/or technical guidance in evaluating
applications systems or evaluating requests for proposals.
* Coordinates changes and influences and prioritizes tasks with
business or technical departments.
* Analyzes and influences technical, system, and/or user
* Identifies and creates solutions to improve system performance
* Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues to minimize
impact and future occurrences.
* Creates system documentation/play book(s) and serves as a lead
technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code
* Typically serves as a resource to the business.
* Develops accurate estimates on work packages and ensures the
accuracy of estimates developed by less experienced internal and
third party team members.
* Analyzes and designs specifications for less experienced internal
and third party team members to execute.
* Acts as a technical resource throughout the development life
* May also actively contribute to the technical and soft skills
development of team members.
* Assists team leads and management with delegation of technical
work packages to cross functional and third party team members for
execution through the full development life cycle.
* Keeps management appropriately informed of progress and
* Coordinates system application transition from development teams
to maintenance and production teams, and/or constructs and
implements necessary controls to assure system/application
traceability. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS * Bachelor's degree, or 4
additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required
may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
* AND, 6+ years experience in software development experience
PREFERRED * 4+ years experience with PeopleSoft Treasury Management
* 4+ years experience with PeopleSoft modules such as AP, GL,
* 1+ years experience with Tableau or Business Objects
* 1+ years experience with ETL DataStage or Informatica
* Experience working in the CFO Applications and domain
* Experience in Financial Services, Banking, and/or Insurance
* Degree in Finance, Accounting, or MBA
* Knowledge or experience in Kanban or Agile frame works
* Advanced knowledge of production support and return to service
* Advanced understanding of system architecture and knowledge of
software development concepts DESIRED CHARACTERISTICS USAA Software
Developers transform analytics to impact our members' experiences.
Collectively, we are: * Ability to use a wide variety of open
source technologies and tools
* Ability to code and script
* Experience with systems and IT operations
* Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and
* Strong grasp of automation tools
* Data management skills
* A strong focus on business outcomes
* Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching
across functional borders The above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the job. At USAA
our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the
business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals. Relocation assistance is available for
Keywords: USAA, Goodyear , PeopleSoft Financial Developer - Senior Level, IT / Software / Systems , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!