Public Cloud Technology - Mid Level
Posted on: November 6, 2019
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Public Cloud Engineer - Mid
Level for our Plano, TX, or Phoenix, AZ facility.
Public Cloud Engineers are engaged in all phases of the software
development lifecycle which include; gathering and analyzing
user/business system requirements, responding to outages and
creating application system models. Public Cloud Engineers primary
functions are to design, develop, document, test and debug new and
existing software systems and/or applications for internal use,
perform defect corrections (analysis, design, code). In addition,
Public Cloud Engineers participate in design meetings and consult
with business clients to refine, test, and debug programs to meet
business needs, and interact and sometimes direct third party
partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives.
This role is a solid, career-level role where functional and
technical proficiency has been obtained, and incumbents display a
depth of technical understanding within their respective areas of
specialization allowing them to operate independently. Incumbents
also display a proficiency that allows them to begin to mentor
others (third party and internal resources) on procedural
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40
Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For -, and we've ranked among
Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly - Employers 13 years
straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage
veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here,
we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11
million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and
collaborative team built on agile principles. We've been a top-two
Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and
were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT
by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic PreviewJob Requirements
- Independently installs, customizes and integrates commercial
- Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues.
- Works with experienced team members to conduct root cause
analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform
- Learns to create system documentation/play books and attends
requirements, design and code reviews.
- Receives work packages from manager and/or delegates.
- Identifies ideas to improve system performance and impact
- Resolves complex technical design issues.
- Creates system documentation/play book(s) and participates as a
reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code
- May serve asthe subject matter expert on development
- Partners with experienced team members to develop accurate work
estimates on work packages.
- May serve as a mentor on procedural matters to less experienced
internal and third party team members.
- May assist experienced team members with the delegation of work
- Bachelor's degree, or 4+ years of equivalent work experience in
- AND, 4 or more years of software development experience
demonstrating depth of technical understanding within specific I/T
discipline(s)/technology(s)*Qualifications may warrant placement in
a different job level*When you apply for this position, you will be
required to answer some initial questions. - This will take
approximately 5 minutes. - Once you begin the questions you will
not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to
change your responses.PREFERRED
- 4+ years of experience with public cloud providers including
Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google GCP.
- 1+ years of experience with risk detection & remediation,
automated configuration & control tools like Redlock and
- 1+ years of infrastructure templating tools Terraform and
- Specific knowledge with Amazon AWS including:
- 3+ years of Identity Access Management such as Security IAM,
Networking, VPC Design
- Resilient, scalable & secure application architectures
leveraging IaaS, PaaS and SaaS services
- Sensitive data management in the cloud including data
protection & security with AWS Macie
- Container based development and administration
- CI/CD ToolingThe above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA our
employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business,
including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment,
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness
and wealth building programs. - Additionally, our career path
planning and continuing education will assist you with your
professional goals.Relocation assistance is -available for this
position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current
position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have
manager's approval prior to posting.Last day for internal
candidates to apply to the opening is 10/17/19 by 11:59 pm CST
Keywords: USAA, Goodyear , Public Cloud Technology - Mid Level, IT / Software / Systems , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!