Site Reliability Engineer - Senior Level
Posted on: February 8, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Site
Reliability Engineer - Senior Level for our Phoenix, AZ facility
located on Norterra Parkway.
Software Developers and Integrators (SDIs) are engaged in all
phases of the software development lifecycle which include;
gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements,
responding to outages and creating application system models. SDIs
primary functions are to design, develop, document, test and debug
new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal
use, perform defect corrections (analysis, design, code). In
addition, SDIs participate in design meetings and consult with
business clients to refine, test, and debug programs to meet
business needs, and interact and sometimes direct third party
partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives.
This is an advanced-level role occupied by those demonstrating
in-depth technical and/or business knowledge within their
respective areas of specialization. Incumbents work independently
on complex work assignments and may determine methods and
procedural approaches on new assignments. In addition,
responsibilities include serving as resources to internal and third
party team members on escalated technical issues and analyzing and
designing specifications for less experienced team members to
execute.Job RequirementsABOUT USAAUSAA knows what it means to
serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S.
military members and their families. This singular mission requires
a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.In each of the
past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to
Work For -, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military
Friendly - Employers primar13 years straight. We embrace a robust
veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses -to
apply.ABOUT USAA ITOur most important qualification isn't
technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a
screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every
We are over 3,000 employees -strong, a passionately supportive and
collaborative team built on Agile principles. We've been a top-two
Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and
were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT
by Workforce Diversity Magazine. - - - - - - -
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets
our purpose: -
USAA Information Technology: We're Hiring Phoenix
- Utilizing technical expertise; Creates system requirements,
performs design and analysis, and coding and unit testing of
complex to highly complex system functionality and/or defect
correction across multiple platforms.
- Identifies ideas to improve system performance and impact
- Resolves complex technical design issues.
- Provides functional and/or technical guidance in evaluating
applications systems or evaluating requests for proposals.
- Coordinates changes and influences and prioritizes tasks with
business or technical departments.
- Analyzes and influences technical, system, and/or user
- Identifies and creates solutions to improve system performance
- Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues to minimize
impact and future occurrences.
- Creates system documentation/play book(s) and serves as a lead
technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code
- Typically serves as a resource to the business.
- Develops accurate estimates on work packages and ensures the
accuracy of estimates developed by less experienced internal and
third party team members.
- Analyzes and designs specifications for less experienced
internal and third party team members to execute.
- Acts as a technical resource throughout the development life
- May also actively contribute to the technical and soft skills
development of team members.
- Assists team leads and management with delegation of technical
work packages to cross functional and third party team members for
execution through the full development life cycle.
- Keeps management appropriately informed of progress and
- Coordinates system application transition from development
teams to maintenance and production teams, and/or constructs and
implements necessary controls to assure system/application
- Bachelor's degree; 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 6 or more years of software development experience
demonstrating depth of technical understanding within a specific
- Experience using SRE Tools.
- Current knowledge of USAA Marketing infrastructure.
- Current knowledge of USAA MARTEC technology stack.
- DevOps experience.The above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA our
employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business,
including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment,
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness
and wealth building programs. - Additionally, our career path
planning and continuing education will assist you with your
professional goals.Relocation assistance is available for this
Keywords: USAA, Goodyear , Site Reliability Engineer - Senior Level, Other , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!