Performs preventative and
corrective maintenance procedures on material handling equipment
to include but
not limited to material handling equipment, powered equipment,
building structures. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Trouble shoot and repair material handling
equipment including sorters and conveyors. • Identify problems
outside vendors and inform the Manager or Supervisor.
• Performs preventative maintenance on
material handling equipment, including daily systems inspections
hydraulic and electrical components. Reports any problems to the
• Utilize the computerized maintenance
management system. Monitors, reports, and documents the usage
of equipment and parts.
• Able to read and diagnose electrical
problems utilizing electrical schematics.
• Maintains a safe work environment. Reports
potential safety concerns. Cleans work areas and the maintenance
• Maintains and troubleshoots PLCs.
• Knowledge of 3Phase, 48OV, 277V, 24OV,
Single Phase 120V, 12V and transformers for equipment and the
• Understand operations and function of
electrical components such as relays, contactors, starters,
• Monitor report and document the usage and
replacement of spare parts.
• Apply standard, safe electrical practices
using proven methods and NEC Code.
• Install wiring, conduit, and other
electrical distribution devices.
• Knowledge of operation and safe storage
practices of ARC and MIG welding equipment to include
OXY/ACETYLENE, and PLASMA
welding and cutting.
• Maintain a safe working environment at all
• Regular, dependable
attendance and punctuality.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Associates degree or higher preferred.
• Must possess proficient knowledge and
continuous adherence of OSHA, State and Local safety standards
and the ML
Safety program standards.
• Strong verbal and written communication
skills to interface with colleagues and vendors.
• Basic math functions such as addition,
subtraction, multiplication, and division.
be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• This position involves regular walking,
standing, sitting, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping,
kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision,
depth perception, focus adjustment.
• May involve moving or lifting items up to 25
• Sense of urgency and the ability to work
• Works harmoniously and effectively with
others as part of a team.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based
on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive.
Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at
Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a
inclusive work environment.