Company: Liberty Utilities (Canada) Corp
Posted on: September 16, 2020
Operations & Maintenance
OUR VISION IS TO BE THE UTILITY COMPANY MOST ADMIRED BY CUSTOMERS,
COMMUNITIES AND INVESTORS FOR OUR PEOPLE, PASSION AND
Primary responsibilities include the development, administration
and adherence of Liberty Utilities Industrial Pretreatment Program,
Cross Connection Control Program, Backflow Prevention, and
Class-Surcharge Program. This position is responsible for leading
all aspects of and ensuring compliance with water and wastewater
This information is intended to be descriptive of the key
responsibilities, however the following examples do not identify
all duties performed by any single incumbent.
* Inspection and testing of backflow prevention assemblies
installed in various applications.
* Be responsible for the Waste Ordinance program. Performing
inspections on new and changing businesses to advise if
pretreatment is required and to what level.
* Collection of wastewater samples for compliance verification and
rate setting of applicable accounts and reconciliation with
wholesale service provider for BOD and TSS strength accuracy.
* Administration of the Class Surcharge program, determining user
levels, appropriate charges and performing monthly reconciliation
of retail accounts.
* Provide for the deployment, operation and collection of
specialized equipment for monitoring wastewater flow rates,
strengths and constituents.
* Provide technical assistance and direction to representatives of
the community s retail and industrial customers pertaining to
local, state and federal regulations on cross connection control,
backflow prevention and industrial pretreatment.
* Response and/or investigation of distribution backflow,
industrial surcharge and sanitary sewer overflow events.
* Administration and/or inspection of the grease/grit trap
* Build, update, and/or revise standard operating procedures (SOP)
and provide periodic training for regulatory water and wastewater
functions and programs as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
A combination of education, experience, and professional skills
that best meets the needs of the position will be considered.
* Grade 4 Water Distribution Certification issued by the State of
* Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
* College level coursework preferred.
* Additional training in water distribution, wastewater treatment
and technology and customer service inspection is preferred.
* Knowledge with specific tools, equipment, materials and
procedures in utility meter and backflow maintenance repair and
* Valid state driver s license.
* Hold or maintain Backflow Prevention Assembly Testing
Certification or ability to acquire within six months from date of
* Knowledge in specific local, state and federal regulations
pertaining to water and wastewater including cross connection
control, industrial wastewater and class surcharge programs.
* Knowledge of specific various types of backflow prevention
assemblies and criteria for identifying specific needs based on
* Knowledge of database development, spreadsheets, word processing
and presentation software as well as software packages unique to
the regulatory application.
* Knowledge of flow monitoring equipment installation, operation
and data analysis.
* Understanding of basic laboratory principles and procedures,
quality assurance and quality control and chain of custody
* Knowledge of basic computer skills.
* Ability to effectively follow written and oral instructions and
develop a working relationship with fellow employees.
The distribution business group (Liberty Utilities) provides rate
regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to
over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission
business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and
natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
Company paid Pension
401K Plan with employer match
Share purchase/match plan
Generous time off program
Collaborative environment with a genuine flexible working
Top Talent Program
Volunteer paid days off
Employee Assistance Program
We are passionate about building a diverse and inclusive workforce.
If you are excited about this role, and are not certain you meet
the all the qualification requirements, we encourage you to apply
to further investigate the opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person s unique
background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full
participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful
environment is key to individual and company success.
We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our
employees and expect each employee to honor this commitment in
their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application
process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special
assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please
notify the Talent Acquisition Team.
Keywords: Liberty Utilities (Canada) Corp, Goodyear , Regulatory Technicican, Other , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!