Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining
equipment and facilities to operate in the safest and most
productive condition, supporting continuous improvement, production
strategies and plant reliability of snack food equipment and
Essential Job Duties:
* Understands and adheres to governmental regulatory programs
and policies. These may include but are not limited to: National
Electrical Code, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Uniform
Building Code (UBC) and local government environmental agency
* Practices and complies with all plant and maintenance
department safety procedures, including but not limited to:
Lock-Out - Tag-Out; Arc Flash and Hot Work Permits.
* Understands the concept of Permit Required Confined Spaces and
assists with proper alternate entry of re-classified confined
spaces when necessary.
* Follows all applicable good manufacturing practices (GMP's)
for area assigned.
* Maintains and uses appropriate personal protective equipment
(PPE) in accordance with OSHA, food handling before and after
equipment inspection and repair activities.
* Attends classes, seminars, and in-house training as needed to
maintain skill level with changes in the industry.
* Makes improvements and suggestions to optimize maintenance
* Executes and document planned and unplanned work findings and
data during shift via computerized maintenance management system
* Repairs and installation of parts, tools and equipment.
Fabricates or modifies machines, tools, or equipment to manufacture
new products or improve existing products.
* Performs Preventative Maintenance (PM), inspections,
corrective repairs, special projects/equipment rebuilds.
* Execution and resolution of equipment breakdowns/repairs.
* Leverage methodologies including, but not limited to: root
cause analysis (RCA), break down failure analysis (BDA) and cause
maps to identify and resolve equipment issues.
* Utilizes predictive maintenance technologies to identify
failures and takes correct follow-up actions. Predictive
maintenance technologies include ultrasound, thermal imaging, oil
analysis, and vibration analysis.
* Documents the cause of the failure and works with maintenance
team, planner, supervisor, or other team members to take action to
prevent a reoccurrence of the failure.
* Understands and interprets technical documents and diagrams
which include but are not limited to: factory manuals, blueprints,
schematics, Single Line Electrical Drawings, mechanical and
electrical equipment schematics, pneumatics, hydraulics, Process
and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID's), and etc.
* May perform maintenance and repair services of facility
systems such as mechanical, electrical, and building systems
* Periodically performs maintenance activities on utility
systems to provide continuous supply of heat, steam, electric
power, gas, or air required for operations.
* May be responsible for educating operations team on required
equipment care concepts of autonomous maintenance (AM) including
but not limited to: Cleaning, Inspection and Lubrication (CIL) and
basic parts and tools usage.
* May perform other duties as required.
Scope of Responsibility:
This position does not have direct supervisory
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
* Reads and interprets common technical journals, synthesizing
complex or diverse information and carries out detailed written or
oral instructions, correspondence, and memos.
* Write and present information in one-on-one and small group
situations to customers, and other employees of the
* Communicate/interact with all levels of employees in a
professional manner. Work and function as a team member in a team
* Perform simple arithmetic functions including addition,
subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers,
decimals, fractions, and mixed numbers. Able to use precision
measuring equipment. Convert measurements from feet/inches to
decimals and vice versa. Draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Use a computer for data entry and documentation of maintenance
findings on work orders. In some cases, upload and download of
technical manuals and specifications from CMMS or internet. Must be
able to use a basic calculator.
* Requires attention to detail, mechanical ability and ability
to multi-task. Must be able to make good decisions under
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED; a minimum of 2 years of experience
in a manufacturing facility performing mechanical and/or electrical
inspections, troubleshooting and repairs and pass plant specific
maintenance test; or equivalent combination of education and
Preferred Qualifications: Some college or formal technical
school education with demonstrated aptitude and skills in
mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and welding techniques. Ability
to deal with problems involving variables in standardized
situations, along with two years in food manufacturing environment
Professional Licenses or Certifications:
* Mechanical, electrical certifications/licenses preferred but
* Valid Driver's License.
* Must be Forklift certified or able to obtain forklift, aerial
* Sitting -Seldom, Occasionally
* Standing Seldom-Frequently
* Walking Seldom-Frequently
* Driving- Seldom
* Using hands - Continuously
* Stooping, Kneeling -Frequently
* Talking, Hearing -Frequently
* Tasting, Smelling -Seldom
* Up to 10 pounds -Continuously
* Up to 25 pounds - Continuously
* Up to 50 pounds - Continuously
* Up to 100 pounds with assistance - Occasionally
* More than 100 pounds- Occasionally
Subject to indoor facility and outdoor weather conditions, dust,
* Lighting Poor- Fair, Good
* Temperature- Fair
* Ventilation Poor -Fair, Good
* Vibration- Fair
* Noise - Fair
* Other: Poor: Fair: Good
Minimal travel may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from
discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal
law. Click here for additional information.