Value Stream Supervisor
Company: Andersen Corporation
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Imagine working for America's premier window and door
manufacturer in a new state-of-the-art advanced manufacturing and
distribution campus. The 500,000 Sq ft. climate-controlled facility
in Goodyear, AZ will be an amazing place with smart factory
technology, warm, welcoming and fun work environment, privacy rooms
for new mothers, prayer/ meditation rooms along with an outstanding
benefit and compensation plan. This combined with the Andersen
history and culture creates an outstanding opportunity for you to
join a great organization!PURPOSE:The purpose of this position is
to support the Value Stream Manager in driving the process of
continuous improvement for a small/stable value stream (procurement
to delivery). This position takes a lead role in meeting targets
for safety, quality, costs, customer service and associate
satisfaction/development within the value stream.The Value Stream
Supervisor coaches, trains, supports, and develops a team of
flexible, multi-skilled associates in accordance with Andersen
Corporation's values, employee covenant, and strategic
- Maintain high level of visibility with associates. Use hands-on
approach to communicate daily and involve associates in problem
- Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment and safe
associate work habits.
- Develop a high performance work team with high levels of
associate morale, satisfaction, and performance.
- Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening,
seeking facts to support decisions, managing one's own reactions,
and addressing unacceptable behavior.
- Help associates succeed through performance management. Provide
coaching and performance communication to support development.
- Review general status of production schedules to identify and
- Ensure the desired product quality levels are achieved through
use of standard work and training to those standards, training in
operation and inspection techniques, and use of tools/data.
- Support and implement new, customer-focused processes in
accordance with lean principles and practices. Provide training and
coaching to improve standard work, work center organization (5S),
and housekeeping. Actively provide change leadership as required.
- Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by
encouraging associates to challenge existing processes and
implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the
- Support associates in understanding company policies and
- Maintain time and production records.
- Take notice of process related problems and support associates
in taking corrective action to improve the overall performance of
- Communicate with and listen to associates on a daily basis
regarding work center/team performance, strategic initiatives,
policy changes, safety, quality, etc.
- Communicate with other supervisors and appropriate personnel
regarding equipment, safety, work center schedules, company
policies and practices, performance improvement plans,
- This position may require a rotating shift
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3 - 5 years of experience in a manufacturing operation
- Previous experience as a work center lead preferred
- Previous experience in a manufacturing operation with
demonstrated ability to acquire and apply manufacturing principles
- Continuing education in the following areas: Management, Human
Resources, Accounting, Manufacturing, Leadership, and Coaching
- Demonstrated ability to work with and motivate people
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish languages a plus
Keywords: Andersen Corporation, Goodyear , Value Stream Supervisor, Other , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!