Tetra Production Supervisor- Day Shift- Casa Grande, AZ
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Front Line Leader
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products
for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to
keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around
the world count on our leading brands - including Similac,
PediaSure, Pedialyte, Ensure, Glucerna and ZonePerfect - to help
get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Casa Grande, Arizona is one of six Abbott
nutrition manufacturing plants in the U.S., with about half of its
products exported around the world. Working here, you'll feel part
of a family - a family of 400 that works together to help nourish
What you'll do as a Production Supervisor:
- Responsible for the overall results for a single shift of a
manufacturing operations line.
- Supervisory leadership in this role will primarily be focused
on day to day operations, with short term focus based on meeting
requirements that are tactical versus strategic.
- Coordinate activities for the shift team to ensure delivery of
all key performance metrics including those in EHS, Quality,
Finance, Productivity and People.
- Lead efforts required delivering quality and compliance
performance for the shift/ line of accountability. Initiate,
manage, and make decisions which impact product quality.
- Manage budget accountability for Headcount, Overtime, and
direct expenses for a shift and/or line.
- Drive OEE performance, understand the drivers, and develop and
execute plans around improvement of line performance and quality
metrics with support from the direct manager. Understand all key
performance indicators, driving and executing plans for improvement
through team engagement.
- Drive a culture of engagement through the team and
- Manage and guide a team(s) of operators to improve quality and
increase productivity on the line.
- Communicates to line personnel daily while maintaining a
constant line presence.
- Maintains a safe work environment with 100% training and
compliance to applicable procedures.
- Promote team, department and site goals through team
communications and providing direction and guidance towards
- Track, trend & report on established KPI's; communicating to
functional manager and site leadership team on accomplishments,
opportunities for improvement and planned actions.
- Follows escalation reporting process with inputs from
peers/manager for decision making as required. Make and communicate
decisions that are appropriate for level of accountability.
- Budgetary accountability is limited - $2MM USD.
- Assure team members are trained and understand duties,
responsibilities, and performance against established
- Provide timely coaching, counseling and feedback.
- Develop all line personnel by securing appropriate training,
providing mentoring and assigning progressively challenging stretch
responsibilities within the scope of the team and department
- Execution of on time performance reviews for direct
Education and Experience, you'll bring:
Bachelor's degree in business, science, food technology,
engineering or 2 to 4 years of experience in a regulated industry,
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Knowledge of project planning tools and experience using
- Proven plant financial understanding
- Experience working with and implementing Continuous Improvement
tools & methodologies.
- Previous experience working in a regulated manufacturing work
environment with preference being for food, pharmaceuticals,
medical devices, cosmetics, etc.
- Experience utilizing project planning and execution tools
- Green Belt Certification but not required
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great
career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs Paid time
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life
to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse
opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength
to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Goodyear , Tetra Production Supervisor- Day Shift- Casa Grande, AZ, Other , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!