Company: Ball Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage,
personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and
other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have
been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in
creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been
nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of
sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as
well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes
Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our
quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER
THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING
THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Performs tasks and provides services to support the plant's
production goals, overall business plans and objectives as
Essential Responsible Areas:
Complies with established job safety practices, policies, and
procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the
safe performance of the work assignment.
Supports and follows the guidelines of the food safety
Performs duties as required to insure compliance with the
plant's quality standards.
Performs routine manual or mechanical production functions
necessary to operate the production equipment to meet customer
Stages and maintains packaging materials and follows correct
Inputs data on a computer terminal to identify, label, and
palletize finished products.
Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the
Conducts inspection of in-process or finished product.
Responsible for replenishing supplies required for assigned
Performs record keeping duties as required under the direction
May operate can line briquetter. Ensures briquetter is running
properly. Removes all briquettes from the conveyor, stacks
briquettes on pallets according to scrap class, and weighs and tags
scrap pallets for shipment.
May operate end line baler and slug accumulator. Removes all
bales and loads them onto trailer. Removes/replaces accumulation
boxes for slugs, and weighs and tags accumulation boxes for
May operate can line palletizer and depalletizer.
May restack and load empty coil pallets for return to aluminum
May prepare for shipment returnable drums, totes, and vendor
Performs clean-up, painting, and housekeeping duties.
Initiates, reviews, and follows all standard operating
procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
May be required to rotate among specific operator assignments
within the department as needed. Relieves operators for breaks.
Supplies and maintains required hand tools.
May be required to go to customer(s) to troubleshoot equipment
and/or finished cans.
Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within
the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes
ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to
establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment
and minimize personal conflicts.
Required work assigned schedule or 12-hour shifts, rotating days
and nights. Monday through Sunday, working hours may vary as
specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on
a regular basis and/or be on-call as directed by management.
Communicates with the emergency coordinator (EC) or
Environmental Focal Point/Environmental Manager (EFP/EM) regarding
environmental management activities.
Understands and responds effectively to EC directions during
emergencies by being familiar with emergency procedures, equipment,
and systems, as necessary. Implements contingency plan to the level
required by the position.
Understands, completes, and maintains environmental
documentation for which the individual is trained, or as directed
by the EC, EFP, or EM (i.e., inspections, labeling, record keeping,
maintenance of equipment, etc.). Reports to the EC, EFP, or EM on
the status of assigned responsibilities.
Recognizes waste streams and minimizes waste generation, through
prudent use of materials, proper disposal and segregation as
directed during training or by the EC, EFP/EM. Understands and
practices proper accumulation and storage requirements for
- Complies with environmental regulations when using, dispensing,
or handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials and wastes.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- High School Diploma or education equivalent required.
- Job-related experience for 2 years minimum.
- Ability to apply standard evaluation, selection, and
substantial adaptation and modification of standard can and end
making techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Ability to learn operating principles of all assigned
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary
information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and
standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation
- Maintains awareness and complies with hazardous waste
management and other environmental management requirements in the
workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
- Ability to learn nomenclature of all assigned equipment,
products, and quality standards.
- Ability to learn to identify product defects.
- Proficient in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to operate fork truck and aero lift if required.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to organize, plan, and prioritize.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to concentrate and pay attention
- Must have sufficient endurance to perform tasks over long
periods of time.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity,
knowledge, and skills.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: nomenclature of all
assigned equipment and products.
- Possesses an interest in and an aptitude for mechanics.
- May require forklift license.
- Works in a manufacturing environment.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but
not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection,
clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety
- Works in confined area(s).
Demonstrate Ball Leadership Behaviors:
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness: Uses a combination of feedback and
self-reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths
- Instils Trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others through
honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Interpersonal Intelligence: Relates openly and comfortably with
diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated Results: Consistently achieves results even under
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ xxx,xxx- xxx,xxx (Salary to be
determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge,
skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment
with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate
in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes
a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click
"Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving
fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does
not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job
application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In
person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball
Corporation ends in "@ball.com." Please also be advised that Ball
will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check
during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have
questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our
careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for
personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
Keywords: Ball Corporation, Goodyear , Production Tech, Other , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!