Maintenance Technician-3rd shift
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: September 12, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining equipment
and facilities to operate in the safest and most productive
condition, supporting continuous improvement, production strategies
and plant reliability of snack food equipment and building
Essential Job Duties:
- Understands and adheres to governmental regulatory
programs and policies. These may include but are not limited to:
National Electrical Code, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA),
Uniform Building Code (UBC) and local government environmental
- Practices and complies with all plant and maintenance
department safety procedures, including but not limited to:
Lock-Out - Tag-Out; Arc Flash and Hot Work
- Understands the concept of Permit Required Confined
Spaces and assists with proper alternate entry of re-classified
confined spaces when necessary.
- Follows all applicable good manufacturing practices
(GMP's) for area assigned.
- Maintains and uses appropriate personal protective
equipment (PPE) in accordance with OSHA, food handling before and
after equipment inspection and repair activities.
- Attends classes, seminars, and in-house training as
needed to maintain skill level with changes in the
- Makes improvements and suggestions to optimize
- Executes and document planned and unplanned work findings
and data during shift via computerized maintenance management
- Repairs and installation of parts, tools and equipment.
Fabricates or modifies machines, tools, or equipment to manufacture
new products or improve existing products.
- Performs Preventative Maintenance (PM), inspections,
corrective repairs, special projects/equipment
- Execution and resolution of equipment
- Leverage methodologies including, but not limited to:
root cause analysis (RCA), break down failure analysis (BDA) and
cause maps to identify and resolve equipment issues.
- Utilizes predictive maintenance technologies to identify
failures and takes correct follow-up actions. Predictive
maintenance technologies include ultrasound, thermal imaging, oil
analysis, and vibration analysis.
- Documents the cause of the failure and works with
maintenance team, planner, supervisor, or other team members to
take action to prevent a reoccurrence of the
- Understands and interprets technical documents and
diagrams which include but are not limited to: factory manuals,
blueprints, schematics, Single Line Electrical Drawings, mechanical
and electrical equipment schematics, pneumatics, hydraulics,
Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID's), and
- May perform maintenance and repair services of facility
systems such as mechanical, electrical, and building
- Periodically performs maintenance activities on utility
systems to provide continuous supply of heat, steam, electric
power, gas, or air required for operations.
- May be responsible for educating operations team on
required equipment care concepts of autonomous maintenance (AM)
including but not limited to: Cleaning, Inspection and Lubrication
(CIL) and basic parts and tools usage.
- May perform other duties as required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Reads and interprets common technical journals,
synthesizing complex or diverse information and carries out
detailed written or oral instructions, correspondence, and
- Write and present information in one-on-one and small
group situations to customers, and other employees of the
- Communicate/interact with all levels of employees in a
professional manner. Work and function as a team member in a team
- Perform simple arithmetic functions including addition,
subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers,
decimals, fractions, and mixed numbers. Able to use precision
measuring equipment. Convert measurements from feet/inches to
decimals and vice versa. Draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Use a computer for data entry and documentation of
maintenance findings on work orders. In some cases, upload and
download of technical manuals and specifications from CMMS or
internet. Must be able to use a basic calculator.
- Requires attention to detail, mechanical ability and
ability to multi-task. Must be able to make good decisions under
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED; a minimum of 2 years of experience
in a manufacturing facility performing mechanical and/or electrical
inspections, troubleshooting and repairs and pass plant specific
maintenance test; or equivalent combination of education and
- Some college or formal technical school education with
demonstrated aptitude and skills in mechanical, electrical,
pneumatic, and welding techniques.
- Ability to deal with problems involving variables in
standardized situations, along with two years in food manufacturing
Preferred Licenses or Certifications:
- Mechanical, electrical certifications/licenses preferred but
- Valid Driver's License.
- Must be Forklift certified or able to obtain forklift, aerial
Subject to indoor facility and outdoor weather conditions, dust,
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Goodyear , Maintenance Technician-3rd shift, Other , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!