Production Supervisor- 3rd Shift
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: October 6, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
Under the general direction of the Department Manager, the
Supervisor, Production is responsible for the direction and control
of the processing department during a production shift.
- Provides leadership and training for efficient, maximum
utilization of available resources.
- Maintains responsibility for monitoring and maintaining
effective cost controls, in regard to efficiencies, waste,
pounds/hour, overtime, and crewing. Adheres to budgetary
guidelines as established by plant Management.
- Maintains responsibility for overseeing maintenance of
acceptable standards of sanitation within the plant and the
immediate surroundings outside perimeters of operation.
- Maintains open communications between adjoining shift
supervision to ensure smooth transition of operation from shift to
shift. Communicates with support departments (Q.A., Human
Resources, etc.) as needed.
- Maintains responsibility for keeping processed and
packaged items within established quality standards.
- Monitors and maintains equipment speeds at established
- Ensures completion of all forms, paperwork and records on
a timely basis.
- Performs Leader Standard Work daily and maximizes
production efficiency and yields and ensures the most efficient
coordination of plant functions during shift
- Maintains responsibility for the implementation of and
adherence to the safety program for the respective
- Maintains responsibility for overall security and general
welfare of the plant during their shift.
- Maintains responsibility for employee complaint
resolution and the implementation of and adherence to the corporate
progressive disciplinary program for the respective
- Ensures the highest standards for product quality by
identifying and correcting process variability.
- Produce to Sales orders in the most efficient
- Maintains and enhances the non-union participative work
environment we have established.
- Delivers process improvement ideas that reduce costs or
- Develops the potential of each associate in order to
improve the team results.
- Performs other job-related projects, duties and
assignments as directed by Plant Management.
COMPLEXITY AND SCOPE:
- Directly supervises all production associates on the respective
shift in the Operations Pretzel Processing, Fried Foods and
- Executes supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws; responsibilities
include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning,
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding
and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university,
preferably in Operations Management, Engineering or Business
- Must have supervisory experience (preferably in food
- Knowledge of P.C.'s and latest software is required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability
and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience required.
% OF TRAVEL REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION
Travel is not required for this position.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee can
become exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne
particles, and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid
conditions and high, precarious places.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- Floors are often slippery with water, oil and dust.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Goodyear , Production Supervisor- 3rd Shift, Other , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!