Material Handler (Forklift Operator)-2nd shift
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: October 8, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
Starting times and hours may vary depending on coverage due to
report-offs and the production schedule especially during
JOB SUMMARY/ JOB DUTIES:
- The Material Handler is responsible for receiving, storing,
picking and distributing material and products within
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order,
shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved,
gathered, or distributed.
- Transports materials and items from receiving or
production areas to storage or to other designated
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or
in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type,
style, color, or product code.
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for
materials, or other stock items and distributes items to production
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
- Records amounts of materials or items received or
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to
ensure conformance to company standards.
- Certified to drive material handling
- Transports stored items within the warehouse.
- Loads and unloads trailers of palletized and
- Utilizes manual and automated material handling
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene
guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal
- Keeps work area clean and removes trash from work area
- Stores supplies in designated areas.
- Keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from
- Follows instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various
sizes, shapes, and weights; identifies/reports defective
- Reports all job-related injuries to
- Takes photos of incoming or outgoing load and log items
and pictures for documentation.
- Uses computer to enter records.
- Where applicable, climbs and works at the heights of
- May climb on top or into tank trailers to check seals and
- May prepare and takes a cycle count inventory of all
merchandise; records counts on cycle count
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
- Supports and participates in Continuous Improvement
initiatives including 5S (sort, set, shine, standardize, and
- May perform other duties as required.
High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience in a
manufacturing environment required. Previous experience with Oracle
or similar based WMS system; a minimum of 1 year experience in a
warehouse position; previous forklift experience is preferred.
- Sitting: Frequently
- Standing: Frequently
- Walking: Frequently
- Driving: Frequently
- Using hands: Frequently
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Stooping, Kneeling: Occasionally
- Talking, Hearing: Continuously
- Tasting, Smelling: Seldom
- Floor to Waist Lift: Frequently
- Waist to Eye Lift: Occasionally
- Two Handed Carry: Occasionally
Up to 100 lbs.: Frequently
The noise level in the work environment is quiet in the office
areas but moderate on the warehouse floor. Temperature is ambient
and impacted by seasonal changes.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Goodyear , Material Handler (Forklift Operator)-2nd shift, Other , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!