Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: October 13, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
BASE RATE PER HOUR: $14.85
JOB SUMMARY/ JOB DUTIES:
- The Packer is responsible for working in an area producing
product that is packed into trays/cartons for shipping. Prepares
cartons/carton displays, manually packs/palletizes product, and
completes final quality inspection of finished goods.
- Prepares cardboard cartons/trays for product packing by
folding, taping, sorting, and labeling cartons, securing carton
ends together and placing cartons/trays on the work area. Checks to
ensure tape guns/taper have sufficient amount of tape.
- Visual Inspections of final product packaging for product
integrity including, but not limited to bag registration, code
dates, prices, bag and cases for proper seals. Removes out of
specifications product and communicates packaging problems.
- Fills cartons/displays based on packaging specs. Ensures
that products are packaged in cases with appropriate corresponding
labels; if applicable tapes and seals cartons.
- Stacks correct number of cartons/trays on pallets/skids using
correct stacking pattern. If applicable, utilizes pallet jack to
move finished goods weighing up to 300lbs.
- Clears loose product from turntable/area; discards defective
bags, boxes, trays; sweeps loose product off the floor.
- Assists with product rework according to plant
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene
guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal
- Keeps work area clean/adheres to 5S protocols.
- Stores packaging room supplies in designated areas.
- Keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from
- Removes trash from work area floor; keeps turntables/area
clean; follows instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various
sizes, shapes and weights.
- Performs sanitation tasks as directed (including, but not
limited to equipment washes, seasoner cleanings, and
- Prepares line for startup and assist with any equipment
changeovers, when applicable.
- May operate tray making and/or stapling machines.
- Reports any issues to Machine Operators, Group Leader, or
Supervisor as appropriate.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
- High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience
in a manufacturing environment required.
- Sitting: Seldom
- Standing: Continuously
- Walking: Frequently
- Driving: Occasionally
- Using hands: Continuously
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Stooping, Kneeling: Frequently
- Talking, Hearing: Continuously
- Tasting, Smelling: Frequently
- Two Handed Carry: Frequently
- Pushing: Continuously
- Pulling: Continuously
- Overhead Work Standing: Frequently
- Ladder Climbing: Frequently
- Repetitive Twisting Standing: Continuously
- Repetitive Twisting Sitting: Continuously
- Hand Dexterity: Continuously
- Bending: Continuously
- Up to 10 lbs.: Continuously
- Up to 25 lbs.: Continuously
- Up to 50 lbs.: Occasionally
- Up to 100 lbs.: Seldom/Never
- More than 100 lbs.: Frequently
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is
frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The
employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes
or airborne particles; and caustic chemicals. The noise level
in the work environment is usually loud.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Goodyear , Packer-1st Shift, Other , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!