Company: Huhtamaki US
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Inspired to grow with your experience, learn and share with new
Huhtamaki is a global specialist in packaging for food and drink,
dedicated to making every consumer experience enjoyable,
consistent, and safe. Our purpose is to help great products reach
more people, more easily.
12 hour shift schedule (2,2,3 Rotation)
Open to night shift
Summary Operates thermoforming machines, trim presses, and
immediate support equipment in a safe and efficient manner to
produce a maximum quantity of high quality product with minimal
scrap and downtime. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include
the following. This list is not all encompassing and other duties
may be assigned.
1. Works safely and applies safe practices at all times.
2. Removes and installs form tool inserts, when applicable.
3. Verifies and documents the equipment settings, process settings,
and product specifications prior to start up and/or taking over the
4. Starts up the former, trim press and support equipment in a
safe, efficient manner.
5. Operates former adhering to predetermined parameter settings for
the specific job.
6. Troubleshoots the process by identifying, analyzing, and
correcting problems in form, trim, lip roller, and bagging
7. Immediately notifies Packers and QA of defective product.
8. Inspects finished product routinely and records inspections.
9. Accurately records process data including downtime, stroke
counts, labor, product information, etc. on daily shift reports
and/or project reports and forwards reports to the Supervisor.
10. Communicates and coordinates activities with appropriate
personnel, both inside and outside of the department including
Maintenance, Warehouse, Tooling, and QA.
11. Performs Line Clearance at the end of each production run and
prior to initiating the following start up of the next job.
12. Identifies and labels film, corrugate, and other process
13. Cleans former, trim press, and immediate support equipment and
maintains a clean, organized, safe work area continuously
throughout the shift.
14. Adheres to and complies to all General Manufacturing Practices
15. Applies knowledge to improve production processes and
procedures within set standards. Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and or ability required.
Education;Education and/or Experience High school graduate or GED
equivalent preferred but not required.
Previous grinder experience helpful and one to two years' previous
thermoforming experience preferred. Previous fork lift driving
experience helpful. Communication/Language Skills Ability to read
and interpret documents including, but not limited to, safety
rules, policies, procedures, quality specifications, and written
reports or correspondence.
Ability to communicate effectively with others. Mathematical Skills
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in small units of
measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Reasoning
Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in a
Physical Demands- The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by the employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Employee will work in a manufacturing environment. Must be able up
to 40 lbs., standing, walking, climbing, bending, twisting,
crouching, push/pull, and reach above shoulders a great amount of
time and hand/finger dexterity required. Work Environment While
performing the duties of this job the employee will work in an
environment with: - above normal heat conditions - noise levels
exceeding 90 decibels - light dust in the air - flashing lights -
sirens and horns - powered moving equipment passing nearby.
Employee must be able to work various hours and various shifts
which may include overtime. Maintaining good attendance is
Join us to shape the future together!
Keywords: Huhtamaki US, Goodyear , Machine Operator, Other , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!