02618100-301-16375-Grocery Third Person-PHNXRT-NP
Posted on: May 19, 2023
PURPOSE: Assists the Grocery Manager in directing the operation
of the Grocery Department, including supervising and training
personnel. Assists in ordering, receiving, storing, pricing,
stocking and merchandising. May direct and control the operation of
the entire store in the absence of the Store Director and the
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Champions Company and Division customer service programs to
meet or exceed Division customer service goals. Handles customer
relation in a positive manner, including effective resolution of
customer complaints. Promotes Albertson's philosophy of
- Performs ordering, receiving, storing, pricing, stocking and
merchandising duties. Assists the Grocery Manager in planning,
organizing and directing day-to-day operations of the grocery
department and front-end functions, including recommendations
regarding regular and seasonal merchandise requirements and special
sales needs. Assists in implementing Company and Division
merchandising policies and/or Store Director instructions.
- May act as back up cashier. Engages in suggestive selling and
other sales techniques.
- Responsible for the proper accounting of sales, maintenance and
storage of cash register detail tapes and the issuance and pick up
of money from check stands.
- Prepares "to do list" for night stockers, closes out
discontinued items and implements price changing procedures.
Controls shrink. Prevents the sale of out of code products.
- Opens and closes the store.
- Ensures compliance with Company sanitation, safety, security
and other policies. Recommends corrective action as needed.
- Implements emergency procedures in the event of equipment and
computer software malfunctions.
- Responsible for the overall operation of the store including
supervision of all associates and the handling of customer
complaints, in the absence of the Store Director and the Grocery
- May perform duties of the Receiving Clerk in the absence of the
- Responsible for performing all job duties with accuracy,
honesty and integrity.
- Other necessary and required duties and responsibilities as
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires an extensive retail background with prior management
experience related to retail operations.
- Requires a thorough understanding of overall Company practices,
policies and procedures.
- Requires strong written and oral communication skills, good
leadership and interpersonal skills, the proven ability to manage
and develop people, and the ability to maintain composure in
dealing with customers, vendors and co-workers. Ability to be a
- Ability to supervise employees assigned. Knowledge of
employment laws and workplace practices policies is required.
Requires knowledge and compliance with state and federal
- Friendly, courteous, takes initiative, and maintains composure
in dealing with customers, co-workers and vendors as well as having
the ability to concentrate and deal with interruptions and customer
complaints, etc. Interacts effectively with all levels of
personnel, customers, vendors and the public.
- Analytical ability to handle administrative details such as
planning, reporting, meeting operation objectives, scheduling,
supervising and making hiring and disciplinary action
- Ability to judge and react to business activity.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and weights and measures.
- Must have knowledge of product variety, product location and
- Ability to deal with vendors, customers, the public and
- Ability to work at different times of the day, weekends and
holidays and with little or no supervision.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of check stand scanning and
loss prevention procedures. Must be able to effectively operate and
train others in the operation of Front-End cash registers and/or
scanning equipment. Must be able to operate ordering
- Knowledge and ability to implement emergency procedures in the
event of a disaster or equipment or computer software
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Frequently reaches, lifts, stacks and maneuvers objects of
varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 80 lbs. May
- Ability to properly stack, operate fully loaded hand trucks,
six-wheel carts and pallet jacks. Manual dexterity and good
eye-hand coordination. Mental alertness to ensure safe and accurate
completion of work activities.
- May utilize cleaning supplies and chemicals and safety
- Complies with all Company policies including attendance,
grooming standards and dress codes.
- Exposure to potential hazards exists with respect to equipment
and work aids necessary to perform job duties throughout the
- Exposure to 35 - Fahrenheit while handling products in cold
cases, 28 - Fahrenheit in the cooler and -20 - Fahrenheit in the
- Working conditions consist of a temperature-controlled store
environment. Exposure to varying temperatures while working in the
loading and receiving area. Occasional exposure to outdoor
environment when checking store perimeters and conducting business
Job responsibilities include tasks or duties that could affect the
safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
the work performed by the associates assigned to this job. They are
not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities and skills required of associates so assigned. The
responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so
classified may vary within each store and from store to store.
Keywords: Albertson's, Goodyear , 02618100-301-16375-Grocery Third Person-PHNXRT-NP, Other , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...