Property Field Claims Adjuster (SW Phoenix, AZ)
Company: American Family Mutual Insurance Company
Posted on: September 16, 2023
At American Family Insurance Claims Services (AFICS, Inc.),
we're embarking on a transformation of our claims capabilities that
will put customers at the center of what we do best - protecting
and restoring their dreams when they need us most.
We're leveraging our expertise, technology and new ways of working
to actively reinvent one of America's largest industries-creating
positive impact that empowers our customers, communities, and
company to thrive. We are problem solvers who ask critical
questions and consistently tackle challenges big and small.
Together, we disrupt what's expected of insurance.Compensation
Minimum:$52,300 / yearCompensation Maximum:$83,800 /
yearCompensation may vary based on the job level and your
geographic work location.Property Field Claims Adjusterwill
investigate and maintain residential property/casualty claims in
Southwestern Phoenix. You will determine liability, secure
information, review coverages, arrange appraisals, and settle
claims. You will support the Claim Division goal of ensuring
customer service industry leadership and partners with agency to
deliver seamless claim service. As an experienced adjuster, you
will work on moderately complex claims up to $50,000. You will
report to a Claims Manager.Job Level Summary
- Requires working experience in own job discipline and broaden
- You will continue to build knowledge of the company, processes
- You will perform a range of assignments related to job
- You will use prescribed guidelines in analyzing
- You will receive a moderate level of guidance and
- You will investigate origin and cause of claims by contacting
the appropriate parties including insureds, claimants, agents,
attorneys, contractors, experts, special investigation unit, other
adjusters, public personnel..
- You will identify complex issues and seek assistance. Handle
claims on a good faith basis.
- You will handle 1st party claims under multiple policies types
and numerous endorsements.
- You will conduct on-site inspections when needed, evaluate
damages, and handle claim negotiations with insureds, claimants,
attorneys, and public adjusters.
- You will respond to customer inquiries, make decisions and
- You will interpret and determine policies, leases, by-laws,
declarations, articles and contract coverages and applies to all
parties for assigned losses.
- You will provide all parties with claim process and status;
answer questions or redirect to other areas.Qualifications:1+ Year
of Residential field claims adjusting experienceLocated within the
territoryArizona P&C Adjuster License#LI-RS1Travel Requirements
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
- Must be willing to travel for Catastrophe duty if
- Catastrophe specific roles requires travel up to 75% if the
time .Working Conditions
- This position requires the ability to work in high, precarious
places between 1 and 33% of the time.
- This position requires the ability to work with exposure to
outside weather conditions between 66 and 100% of the time (applies
to field position only).Physical Demands
- This position requires the ability to climb or balance between
1 and 33% of the time (applies to field position only).
- This position requires the ability to work with distance vision
(clear vision at 20 feet or more) for extended periods of time
(applies to field position only).
- This position requires the ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or
crawl between 1 and 33% of the time (applies to field position
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds
between 1 and 33% of the time.Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions,
support or service.
- Demonstrated experience handling 1st and 3rd party, multi-line
claims across our operating territories, or other equivalent
- Demonstrated experience handling moderately complex claims, or
other equivalent experience.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of policies and endorsements
related to casualty coverages, or other equivalent knowledge.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of each phase of the claim
handling process, or other equivalent knowledge.Education &
- Valid driver's license required plus an acceptable driving
- Obtain state specific property casualty claims licensing as
required.The candidate(s) selected for this role will be employed
by AFICS, Inc. (American Family Insurance Claims Services, Inc.),
an affiliate of American Family Mutual Insurance Company, S.I.We
provide benefits that support your physical, emotional, and
financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical,
dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care
of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a
pension plan, an annual incentive, 9 paid holidays and a paid time
off program (23 days accrued annually for full-time employees). In
addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave
are available to support our employees and their families. Interns
and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family
Insurance Group benefits.We are an equal opportunity employer. It
is our policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and
local laws pertaining to non-discrimination, non-harassment and
equal opportunity. We also consider qualified applicants with
criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and
local law.We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of
the requirements listed above. Skills can be used in many different
ways, and your life and professional experience may be relevant
beyond what a list of requirements will capture. We encourage those
who are passionate about what we do to apply!#LI-RS1
Keywords: American Family Mutual Insurance Company, Goodyear , Property Field Claims Adjuster (SW Phoenix, AZ), Other , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!