Program Dir Healthy Living - Goodyear - 85338
Posted on: February 20, 2019
Program Director of Healthy Living
Take the next step in your Y journey and apply for our Health and Wellness Director role cross two branches.
Southwest Valley Regional YMCA
Directs health/fitness promotion, retention and program activities. Oversees and facilitates the operations of the healthy living department and programs, including staff supervision, budget management, and planning at both Southwest Family YMCA and Northwest Valley Family YMCA
1. Bachelor's degree in physical education, recreation or equivalent preferred.
2. Two or more years of supervisory experience in a health and fitness program.
3. Experience with computers including word processing and database software.
4. Ability to train fitness center and group exercise instructors.
5. Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the recruitment, training and supervision of professional staff and volunteers.
6. Must have good interpersonal, public relations and communication skills, including the ability to make oral presentations.
7. Ability to effectively communicate with members, staff, peers, volunteers and supervisor. Ability to effectively communicate information on YMCA Health/Fitness Programs.
8. Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
9. Current certifications in YMCA Healthy Lifestyle Principles, Foundations of YMCA Group Exercise and YMCA Personal Training Instructor, CPR, First Aid.
1. Develops, implements and manages health/fitness programs, complying with all Association standards and safety procedures.
2. Recruits, hires and trains all health/fitness program staff and volunteer positions.
3. Supervises and evaluates staff regularly to ensure program quality and consistency.
4. Instructs classes and works in fitness center as needed.
5. Provides personal training sessions on a regular basis.
6. Administers the health/fitness programs within the departmental budget.
7. Develops, manages and controls health/fitness department budgets. Assesses and recommends budgeting for program needs.
8. Ensures that program areas, equipment, and supplies are maintained in an orderly and safe manner.
9. Provides data and reports on assigned programs in support of the planning process of the branch and Association.
10. Develops, produces, and disseminates appropriate program information in order to promote health/fitness programs to the public and to current members.
11. Provides staff leadership for annual fundraising campaign and other committees as assigned.
12. Represents the branch at various meetings related to the position.
13. Incorporates the mission, philosophy, and 4 core values of the YMCA in all communication with participants and co-workers.
Cause-Driven Leadership? Competencies
- Communication & Influence
- Developing Self & Others
- Engaging Community
Within The First 30-60 Days:
- Child Abuse Prevention Code of Conduct Form
- Harassment Prevention
- Child Abuse Prevention
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Child Abuse Prevention (VOS)
- CPR & AED
- Appropriate Touch
- Basic First Aid
- Social Media & Digital Communications
- Y-USA Introduction to Listen First
- Y-USA New Employee Orientation
**Other position specific trainings may be required
$33,656.00 - $42,070.00
How to Apply
http://valleyymca.org/career Opens a new window
Resumes Accepted Until
Keywords: YMCA, Goodyear , Program Dir Healthy Living - Goodyear - 85338, Other , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!