Coaching Volleyball Girls Head Coach
Company: Agua Fria Union High School District
Posted on: June 4, 2019
- Position Type: Athletics/Activities/ Coaching
- Date Posted: 4/24/2019
- Location: Desert Edge High School
- Date Available: July 2019
- Closing Date: until filled ---- Additional Information:
Show/Hide AGUA FRIA UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 216 FILE NO.
GCA/GDA Board Policy and District Procedures POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Coach (Extra Duty Compensation Guide) I. General Description:
Promotes the educational philosophy and objectives of the District
and provides leadership in developing, achieving, and maintaining
the best possible program for student-athletes within the Districts
philosophy and objectives. The coach instructs and works with
student-athletes to prepare them for academic success and athletic
- Open to qualified certificated on-site or school-site staff
members. In the event no qualified certificated staff member
applies, the position will be open to qualified persons outside of
the immediate site or district and will be considered a non-staff
coach. Positions are evaluated annually.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years head coaching at the high
school level or head/assistant collegiate coaching level in the
sport for which application is being made.
- Participation as a player at the high school or collegiate
level in the sport for which application is being made is
- Must be trained in and possess valid cardiopulmonary
resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid clearance.
- Must provide all required certifications prior to the beginning
of the designated sports season and the assumption of coaching
- Valid IVP Fingerprint Card
- Demonstrate leadership and ability to work effectively with
groups and individuals; demonstrate skills in organization and
ability to apply this knowledge to a variety of situations.
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills;
demonstrate ability to work with parent groups, administrators,
staff and students.
- Must have a verifiable record of placing the appropriate
emphasis on academic excellence, positive attitudes, character, and
sportsmanship for all student-athletes.
- Must possess ability to successfully promote athletes who
qualify under NCAA Clearinghouse standards for post-secondary
- Such alternatives to the above as the Governing Board may find
appropriate and acceptable. III. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows district and site procedures and policies; follows the
district Athletic Handbook and Code; adheres to the Arizona
Interscholastic Association (AIA).
- Has the primary responsibility for administering the freshman,
JV, and/or varsity sports program for which the candidate has been
- Must be a positive role model for student-athletes.
- If a head coach, has full responsibility for the overall
supervision and development of all teams in the sports program for
which candidate is hired.
- If a head coach, responsible for the assignments and duties of
assistant coaches in sport for which candidate is hires.
- Works closely with the Athletic Director in planning,
implementing and scheduling team activities, tryouts, practices,
game plans, summer activities.
- Oversees any unsafe conditions of the facility or area in which
the assigned sport is conducted at all times athletes are
- Reports any unsafe conditions to the Athletic Director and
completes work orders in a timely manner to correct safety
- Teaches student-athletes to perform sound, safe fundamental
techniques of the designated sport throughout the season.
- Fosters ethics, good conduct and sportsmanship for all
participants and coaches.
- Responsible for the safety and security of the team before,
during and after events and traveling to and from events, including
riding the bus with the team.
- Responsible for the distribution, collection, and general
upkeep of all uniforms and equipment and providing an end of season
- Submits annual written report evaluating the program, with
recommendations for improvements, as requested by the Athletic
- If Head coach, assists the Athletic Director in the evaluation
of assistant, freshman or JV coaches.
- Verifies that each team member has been cleared by the Athletic
Director prior to allowing a student to try out or practice.
- Provides prompt accurate reporting of scores to local media and
- Holds pre-season parent orientation meeting for all levels to
review eligibility, athletic code, team rules, requirements, and
risk factors for all athletes.
- Adheres to all district guidelines and policies regarding
budget and expenditures and the ordering process.
- Complies with time constraints for practice and contest
schedules, including holidays/Saturdays, as well as off-season
- Promotes your school with pride and dignity at all times.
- Completes grade checks of all athletes per District
- Ensures district compliance with the Arizona Department of
Education for all academic programs.
- Other related duties as assigned. IV. Status: FLSA- Non-Exempt
Stipend distributed over the course of the sports season Reports to
Athletic Director and/or site principal
Keywords: Agua Fria Union High School District, Goodyear , Coaching Volleyball Girls Head Coach, Other , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!