Data Scientist Lead
Posted on: August 13, 2019
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking talented Data Scientist
Lead for our San Antonio, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Colorado Springs, CO or
Plano, TX facility. Data Scientist Lead uses advanced techniques
that integrate traditional and non-traditional datasets to enable
analytical solutions; Applies predictive analytics, machine
learning, simulation, and optimization techniques to generate
management insights and enable customer-facing applications; Builds
analytical solutions leveraging internal and external applications
to deliver value and create competitive advantage; Leads
initiatives and influences system architecture to enable automated
intelligent solutions; Translates complex analytical and technical
concepts to senior management to enable business decisions;
Maintains relationships with academic and industry thought-leaders
to ensure enterprise has access to cutting-edge thinking and
technologies. Job Requirements * Partners with business leaders
across the organization to assess business needs, define business
problems and develop a research agenda; Leads cross functional,
matrixed teams to solve highly complex work critical to the
* Designs and builds large and complex information sets; Integrates
and extracts relevant information from large amounts of both
structured and unstructured data (internal and external) to enable
* Leads and conducts advanced analytics leveraging predictive
modeling, machine learning, simulation, optimization and other
techniques to deliver insights or develop analytical solutions to
achieve business objectives.
* Leads efforts to develop scalable, efficient, automated solutions
for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation
and model implementation.
* Works with IT to translate prototypes into new products,
services, and features and provide guidelines for large-scale
* Builds and maintains a robust library of reusable algorithms and
supporting code such that research efforts are based on the highest
quality data, are transparently conducted, are able to be
productionized and are reproducible.
* Provides guidance regarding analytical approach and iteration of
algorithms to team members.
* Translates complex analytical and technical concepts to senior
management and non-technical employees to enable understanding and
drive informed business decisions.
* Develops and maintains academic and industry relationships for
the purposes of research; Interacts with internal and external
peers and management to maintain expertise and awareness of cutting
edge techniques, technologies and potential business solutions.
Minimum Requirements * Master's degree in Computer Science, Applied
Mathematics, Quantitative Economics, Statistics, or related field
OR 6 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
* 8 or more Years in predictive modeling, large data analysis and
* Experience in stochastic modeling, machine learning, and other
advanced mathematical techniques (e.g., neural nets, simulation,
* Expert in at least one compiled language (e.g., Java, C or more
or more) and one dynamic scripting language (Python, PERL,
* A strong track record of communicating results, insights, and
technical solutions to Senior Executive Management (or
* Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer
some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at
a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
Preferred * Experience implementing algorithms or solution into a
* Experience with building natural language processing (NLP)
* Experience managing a team of data scientists
* Strong fundamentals in Hadoop big data ecosystem
* Experience developing marketing models The above description
reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job. At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits
packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or
casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision
plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals. Relocation assistance
is available for this position. For Internal Candidates: Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 06/04/19
by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Goodyear , Data Scientist Lead, Other , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!