Lead Risk Analyst - Governance
Posted on: February 5, 2020
Purpose of JobABOUT USAA
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100
Best Companies to Work For -, and we've ranked among Victory
Media's Top 10 Military Friendly - Employers for 13 years straight.
We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and
veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA RISK Management
USAA is a growing financial services company and the Risk
Management function at USAA is an important part of this growth. It
is an exciting time at USAA and in our Risk Management
organization. We are a diversified team of Risk professionals,
working across all lines of business across USAA operations
(banking, insurance, investments) seeing the incredible growth
first-hand. Working at USAA in Risk Management affords you the
ability to be a part of USAA's noble mission on a daily basis. We
stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets
Provides risk management support for a line of business or staff
agency in key risk identification, measurement and aggregation, and
the understanding and management of risk through appropriate
practices and processes. Assesses and mitigates enterprise and
business exposures through the identification of key and emerging
risks and evaluates alignment with risk strategy and appetite.
Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure that exposures
are kept at acceptable levels and may consult on risk mitigation
plans. Leads and executes complex initiatives and cross functional
teams within the Chief Risk Office and across the Enterprise that
drive problem resolution. Leverages broad enterprise knowledge
and/or expert knowledge of core business discipline(s), products
We are currently seeking a talented Lead Risk Analyst- Governance
for one of the following locations: Plano, San Antonio Home Office
I or Phoenix.Job Requirements
- Identifies and seeks key stakeholders across the enterprise to
support the identification, assessment, aggregation and the overall
management of risks and controls.
- Presents findings and recommendations to various levels of
- Routinely communicates results of risk assessments to
governance committees, business process owners and various levels
of leadership and influences decision making.
- Develops process and procedures for successful implementation
of new risk policies, practices, appetites and solutions to ensure
holistic understanding and management of risks according to
industry best practice.
- Develops strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure,
monitor, and report risks.
- Applies expert knowledge to utilize or produce analytical
material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand
business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Leads, assembles and facilitates cross-functional teams to
identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk
- Serves as the point of contact for senior risk leadership on
projects and special management requests that often impact the
enterprise or core operating area.
- Formulates and reviews stress test plans for a line of business
or the enterprise.
- Evaluates results, and frames contingency plans in partnership
with key business stakeholders.
- Crafts key communications to be delivered to executives and
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a
related field required.
4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years of risk management or 8 years operations
experience in a relevant functional area to include banking,
insurance, financial services, audit, project management, public
accounting or other related operational area
Or advanced degree or designation in a quantitative discipline
relevant to risk management and 6 or more years relevant risk
management work experience.
Or PhD in a quantitative discipline and -up to 4 years relevant
risk management work experience.
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be
- 6+ years Risk Management experience in large financial
institution subject to Heightened Standards, specifically in risk,
compliance, or corporate governance
- Sound knowledge of Operational risk
- Experience contributing to the development of governance
documentation including frameworks, policies, standards,
procedures, or similar materials
- Effective challenge experience in 2nd Line of
Defense/Independent Risk Management role with focus on evaluating
and documenting adherence to Risk Governance Framework
- Experience building reports and presentations and managing
projects / Experience in risk reporting and MIS
- Advanced knowledge and experience with risk management
processes, techniques and tools
- Experience developing clear and concise written analysis and
communicating conclusions/findings to senior management and Board
- Microsoft Office Proficient.
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written - -The
above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of
the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible
business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building
programs. - Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation
assistance is available for this position.For Internal
Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current position (from date
of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval
prior to posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply to the
opening is 10/22/19 by 11:59 pm CST.
Keywords: USAA, Goodyear , Lead Risk Analyst - Governance, Professions , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!