Supply Chain/Material Planner
Company: Andersen Corporation
Posted on: April 10, 2021
This position is for local residents only.
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Supply Chain/Material Planner
Imagine working for America s premier window and door manufacturer
in a new state-of-the-art advanced manufacturing and distribution
campus. The 500,000 Sq ft. climate-controlled facility in Goodyear,
AZ will be an amazing place with smart factory technology, warm,
welcoming and fun work environment, privacy rooms for new mothers,
prayer/ meditation rooms along with an outstanding benefit and
compensation plan. This combined with the Andersen history and
culture creates an outstanding opportunity for you to join a great
This position is responsible for inventory management and
purchasing of direct materials used to manufacture windows and
doors. This position will report to the materials supervisor.
- This position is responsible for creating and releasing
purchase orders to domestic and international suppliers, managing
the inventory levels of components to the required levels,
communicating with suppliers, and communicating supplier
performance. This position is also responsible for performing cycle
counting and inventory discrepancy root cause analysis and
resolution as well as continually improving the business processes
of this role.
- It is important for this position to maintain relationships
with internal and external business partners including suppliers,
supervisors and team leads, supply chain team, and
- This position will use lean manufacturing tools and techniques
such as kanban, Just in Time inventory management, ERP, 5 Why,
Plan-Do-Check-Act, value stream mapping and A3 thinking as well as
participate and contribute to kaizen events.
- Role may be in the areas of planning, scheduling or inventory
accuracy. Includes execution of processes, investigating
discrepancies, developing corrective actions, with an understanding
of business impacts of decisions.
- Coordinate procurement of material to match demands;
communicate with suppliers our requirements and forecast.
- Drives continuous improvements on daily processes and tactical
projects, including performing root cause analysis and drive
corrective actions for problem across Supply Chain
- Develop, optimize and integrate detailed business schedules
(supplier plans, replenishment models) in a lean environment, to
achieve the business goals.
- Understand and communicate value steam and/or supply chain
capacity and constraints
- Maintain relationships with internal and external business
partners including suppliers, supervisors and team leads,
logistics/warehouse groups and material planners
- Utilize lean tools and other business processes such as kanban,
spike tools, 5Y, Plan-Do-Check-Act, value stream mapping and A3
- Communicate/present lean tool applications such as value stream
and process mapping, kaizen and PDCA
QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of 3 years previous direct material purchasing
- Typically a minimum of 3 years in lean manufacturing support
- Advanced computer skills with experience in MS Office, ERP and
- Practical working knowledge of lean manufacturing tools such as
pull systems, PDCA thinking, value stream mapping, process mapping,
and kanban systems.
- Practical working knowledge of supply chain technologies (ERP,
Manufacturing Execution Systems, Warehouse Management
- Strong communication skills through written, verbal and
listening, and presentation techniques
- Effectively collaborates and works well with others
- Ability to understand customer needs, in detail, and
consistently attend to meeting customer requirements
- Demonstrates urgency and takes responsibility for addressing
critical roadblocks to achieving goals
- Strong aptitude in process improvement and problem solving
Apply Online Below
Keywords: Andersen Corporation, Goodyear , Supply Chain/Material Planner, Professions , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!