General Service Technician
Company: AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah
Posted on: May 4, 2021
We call our club's vision, mission, values, and supporting
pillars "Our House" because they are the foundation for all that we
do. We're working to transform AAA for the next century with a
mission to create Members for life by unleashing the innovative
spirit of our Team Members. Check out the benefits!
- State of the art equipment
- Tuition reimbursement for automotive education and ASE
- Clean well equipped shops with consistent car count
- Exceptional benefits
within 30 days
of hire, with employer contribution to medical/Dental/Vision
- 401K Matching $1 to $1 up to 6% annually
- 15 Paid Days off (20 after 1 year)
+ 9 paid holidays, some Saturdays and no Sundays
- A free AAA Membership and numerous employee discountsJob
- Performs oil changes and lubrication service for member and
- Performs tire repairs and installation service for member and
- Performs other minor repairs as assigned by Lead Tech or
Service Advisor, according to their abilities.
- Assist upper level technicians as needed and for
- Test drives vehicles when practical for any/all performance or
drivability concerns before performing work
- Exception: when unsafe or vehicle not drivable
- Retest drives after repairs completed to verify that repair
solved defined problems
- Maintains clean and safe work environment; cleans spills and
debris immediately to reduce hazards
- Maintain company provided equipment and machinery
- Follows company and industry safety rules and regulations
- Reports all unsafe conditions to supervisor including but not
limited to lifts, overhead doors, and equipment
- Attends all required training, seeks additional training to
maintain and increase effectiveness
- Keeps up to date on industry trends and repair procedures.
- Attends and successfully completes at least 12 hours of
continuing auto repair training per year sponsored and/or provided
by the club.
- Maintains customer vehicles in regard to cleanliness and does
not tune or otherwise adjust any controls within the vehicle.
- Verifies as soon as practicable that parts ordered for the
vehicle assigned to them are correct.
- Performs all repairs according to MAP (Motorist Assurance
Program), OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers) or accepted
- Performs digital inspection and documents to their full
potential. Notates all pertinent information into the shop
inspection or management system, attaches all photos or videos to
illustrate repairs or needs to the inspection.
- Assures all comeback related repairs are prioritized as
directed by manager or lead.
- Communicates effectively as necessary with manager, service
advisors and other technicians to contribute to the overall
performance of the location
- Responsible for the safety and accuracy of all repairs made and
or systems inspected to assure vehicle is as safe or more safe
condition as was prior to work commencing
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Note: May require travel to different locations on an as needed
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in the
language(s) required for the role, as justified for business
- Effective organization, interpersonal and negotiation
- Ability to work scheduled hours as necessitated by business
- Math and computer skills with experience using software
applications including word processing, spreadsheets, browsers, and
- Member service focus
- Automotive/mechanical background
- Ability to drive vehicles equipped with manual
- Knowledge of equipment/tool operation and diagnostic/repair
- Maintains 20% productivity measured by hours worked/hours
Education & Experience/ Licenses & Certifications
- High School diploma or equivalent certification (GED)
- Valid driver license and acceptable driving record
- Six months experience in general repair, lube services and or
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift and or carry up to 50lbs
- Standing, bending, kneeling, pushing, reaching, lifting,
- Exposure to loud noises
Keywords: AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah, Goodyear , General Service Technician, Professions , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!