Manager, Plant Engineering
Company: Ball Aerospace
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link Share this Job
Company: - Ball Corporation Location: - Goodyear, AZ, US, 85395
Date: - May 10, 2023 Job Category: - Manufacturing/ Operations Req.
ID: - 29802 Further your career at Ball, a world leader in
manufacturing sustainable aluminum packaging and aerospace
solutions. Achieve extraordinary things when you join our team, and
make a difference in your professional development, the community,
and around the globe! Primary Purpose of the Position: Manages the
plant engineering function as directed. Essential Responsible
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment.
This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating
monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety inspections, and
investigating accidents, as required.
- Supports development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing
improvement of the food safety system.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of the plant engineering
function in the plant and its interface with the group office.
- Establishes and monitors the plant tooling control and change
control systems while adhering to designs, specifications, and
standards established by the engineering group. Estimates and
prepares budgets and AFEs for plant projects.
- Directs constant communication with group engineering to ensure
that any new developments affecting plant engineering are quickly
and accurately transmitted and that any approved or standardized
methods are established.
- Establishes a program that will ensure control of M -& -R and
- Directs information to the plant manager, department heads,
group manufacturing engineer, and group engineering with the
appropriate reports in all areas of plant engineering in order to
ensure the efficient and consistent operation of the department
within the plant and the group.
- Directs necessary level of contact with state and local
agencies so that plant management is aware of any/all developing
problems or changes occurring within area of responsibility.
- Directs and manages projects related to equipment and building
modification and/or repair.
- Assists plant environmental manager to ensure that the plant
maintains compliance with health, safety, and environmental
- Monitors utility costs and institutes methods for
- Ensures the facility is properly maintained for safety and
- May look at ways to improve spoilage in all areas (ODMs, cans,
- May establish and maintain an effective telecommunications
environment comprised of all plant telephones, wiring, computerized
business exchange equipment, plan paging systems and hardware.
- May prepare bid packages, negotiate contracts, and supervise
contractor/vendor work at the facility.
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all standard operating
procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of
trust and confidence that will discourage third party interference;
or establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust
and confidence with employees, their union stewards and
representatives which will promote achievement of plant and company
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within
the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes
ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to
establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment
and minimize personal conflicts.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually 5
days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends
(Saturday and Sunday); working hours may vary as specified by
management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular
basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Maintains an awareness and complies with hazardous waste
management and other environmental management requirements in the
workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
- Communicates with the emergency coordinator (EC) or
Environmental Focal Point/Environmental Manager (EFP/EM) regarding
environmental management activities
- Understands and responds effectively to EC directions during
emergencies by being familiar with emergency procedures, equipment,
and systems, as necessary. Implements contingency plan to the level
required by the position.
- Understands, completes, and maintains environmental
documentation for which the individual is trained, or as directed
by the EC, EFP or EM (i.e., inspections, labeling, record keeping,
maintenance of equipment, etc.). Reports to the EC, EFP or EM on
the status of assigned responsibilities.
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies and
procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the
safe performance of the work assignment.
- Recognizes waste streams and minimizes waste generation,
through prudent use of materials, proper disposal and segregation
as directed during training or by the EC, EFP/EM. Understands and
practices proper accumulation and storage requirements for
- Complies with environmental regulations when using, dispensing,
or handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials and wastes.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelors of Engineering
(Mechanical, Electronic, Electrical) or Industry Experience within
an Engineering capacity strongly preferred
- 4+ years of experience in maintenance/engineering -in an
- 1+ years of supervisory experience
- Experience in a Union setting (preferred).
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation,
selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard
plant engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary
information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may
- Ability to negotiate with contractors for facilities/buildings
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity,
knowledge, and skills
- Working knowledge of the following areas: engineering
principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures; company
policies, procedures, and products; generally accepted managerial
practices and procedures; business principles, legal practices,
customer needs and expectations.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and
standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals. -
Hiring Salary Range: $103,000 - $157,205 (Salary to be determined
by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market
- This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive
- Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our
career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more. Ball
Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We
actively encourage applications from everybody. All qualified job
applicants will receive consideration without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, national origin, aboriginality, genetic
information, ancestry, marital status, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability,
pregnancy, veteran status, age, political affiliation or any other
When you join Ball you belong to a team of over 22,000 members
worldwide. Our products range from infinitely recyclable aluminum
cans, cups, and aerosol bottles -to aerospace solutions that enable
our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the
universe. Each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and
inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging.
Everyone at Ball is making a difference by doing what we love.
Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is
a difference. Please note the advertised job title might vary from
the job title on the contract due to local job title structure and
global HR systems.
No agencies please.
Keywords: Ball Aerospace, Goodyear , Manager, Plant Engineering, Professions , Goodyear, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...